Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Western Digital External Hard Drive.

Options
  • 26-05-2008 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

I have a western digital external hard drive, which when I bought it two months ago I just plugged it into my computer and it worked (Just the way I like it) but when I brought it to my friends computer to run a programme that I have saved on it the computer told me I need to get a driver, the problem is I didnt get a disk with the drivers on it and she is not connected to the Internet, when I google western digital driver downloads it gives me a list of updates, what I would like to know is, would an update, saved on my usb key and then put on her computer, work or should I just forget it. I'm not very good a the computer speak, so in layman's terms please. :o \my computer iw Windows XP and hers is Windows 98

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

What application/versions of Windows/is the exact text of the error?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Bizzi Lizzy

I don't understand what your asking me but the "error" says insert disk with driver or search for driver ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Try here for the drivers for your friends computer (Win 98 doesn't have the drivers built in to support the WD HDD)

http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/1414/

Download link on right

Extract the folder somewhere you will remember and then run the .EXE in folder (do this on the Win 98 pc), restart the pc then connect the WD HDD

Should work then.

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

If above doesn't pls post WD model info and version of windows 98. I have some W98 drivers and they sure were awkward to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Bizzi Lizzy

thanks everyone I will try all of the above and will let you know what happens. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement