Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Written

Options
  • 26-05-2008 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Right, I'm kinda screwed for the french written, thanks to a blend of an incompetant teacher, my hatred of the language and my general preference of the science and maths subjects.

But I was thinking (while actually trying to study french) if I just memorised two or three perfect essays, with coherent french and comprehendable by a french monoglot and all that ****e that's on the marking scheme, even if the stuff was totally irrelevant wouldn't I get at least full marks for language? Or would I just piss off the examiner??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I'm in 5th year but I believe if you include some phrases like

- "I share the same sentiments as the author"

- "In order to lead a healthy life"

- "To tell you the truth"

- "As a student, I believe that"

- "It's absolutely scandalous"

- "The government have to do more"

- "There is a lot of pressure on the young today"

I've got quite a few phrases like that in my arsonary so I'd advise you to do the same. You can include most of them in any written piece :)

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

just use the stuff from your oral. Don't use too many phrases unless you have points to go with them. Just write ordinary french with no stupid mistakes and throw in a few phrases. Keep it relavant to the question because they wont mark it if you go trailing off.

if you just read over (dont learn) all the passages/answers that you wrote in simple french, then some of it will sink in and you'll be able to use some of it, but dont learn off essays cos its impossible to predict whats coming up.

Advertisement