Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading entire contents of a website?

Options
  • 26-05-2008 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭

I'm going traveling for a year soon and I'm going to be taking my laptop with me . It would be very handy if I could download the entire contents of some websites like Travelfish for hostel info and Wikitravel for general info. Is there any easy way to do this? I know you can get an add on for firefox called down them all which lets you download all the images from a website but I need more than that

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

do a search for a sitesucker

this will do what you want it to do

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

http://www.httrack.com/

although those site will be constantly updating information so you need to be running it regularly if you want up to date information

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Up to date information wouldnt be that much of an issue for me. Just a snapshot that I can access offline. I'll have a look at your suggestions, cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

Just go to download.com and choose from their list of "offline browsers".

McGintyMcGoo

Advertisement