Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

if this is true...

Options
  • 26-05-2008 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

wowscrnshot052508204825xs1.jpg

Sup forum whines:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

That actually drop for you? on a normal realm or test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Dustaz is nowhere near skilled enough to run BT, but he's a pro at finding doctored screenshots...

Why did they go to all the bother of making that, but only make it a green?:confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

You can see the different colour background around the Weapon Token item... seems like someone inserted the weapon token layer, and as tman said this would surely be epic... and have a level requirement. Seems fairly fake to me.

On the other hand, if it were remotely true, which it undoubtedly isnt, I think it would suck pretty hard ;) PvE'ers already have a massive leg-up versus PvP'ers. Unless you can start buying T6 lewt for Arena points, this will never happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

You can see the way its very pixeled around the words, obviously a fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭matthew26

Zoomed all the way in using photoshop. I'm sure it's fake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Deaddude wrote: »
    That actually drop for you? on a normal realm or test?
    ofc not :)
    tman wrote: »
    Dustaz is nowhere near skilled enough to run BT, but he's a pro at finding doctored screenshots...
    Still struggling in kara?:)
    Ivan wrote: »
    PvE'ers already have a massive leg-up versus PvP'ers.

um, what? How?
    Lose 10 games a week for T6 epics as opposed to actually spending entire weeks on a fight for the CHANCE the RNG might drop the loot you want.

Year right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Dustaz wrote: »
    um, what? How?
    Lose 10 games a week for T6 epics as opposed to actually spending entire weeks on a fight for the CHANCE the RNG might drop the loot you want.
    Year right.

Agreed. T6 does not compare to even Season 1 PvP gear due to lack of resilience. If I pvp in my T6 I can nuke, but if someone gets hold of me I get one shotted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Mena wrote: »
    Agreed. T6 does not compare to even Season 1 PvP gear due to lack of resilience. If I pvp in my T6 I can nuke, but if someone gets hold of me I get one shotted.

Take a look at Paladin T6 Set bonuses.... and tell me that its not worth having that over some resillience...

And how about the fact that Rogues with 2 Warglaives in arena basically 1 shot people,

There is nothing to compete with this PVP gear wise.

They need to ban Legendary items from arena or make items of equivalent quality available through arena points.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

WellyJ wrote: »
    Take a look at Paladin T6 Set bonuses.... and tell me that its not worth having that over some resillience...

Its not worth having over some resilience.
    And how about the fact that Rogues with 2 Warglaives in arena basically 1 shot people,

And yes, we all know every rogue is running around with 2 warglaives. You cant just wipe on illidan 10 times a week and get your warglaive set on a wednesday you know. Up until very recently (and it could still be the case) Nihilum hadnt had a single warglaive drop never mind the set and they've been farming him longer than anyone else.

There is nothing to compete with this PVP gear wise.
    Well, not untill season 4 and then all that losing 10 games a week pays off with weapons that are better than LEGENDARIES.
    They need to ban Legendary items from arena or make items of equivalent quality available through arena points.
    They should also make ferraris available to people on the dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Dustaz wrote: »
    And yes, we all know every rogue is running around with 2 warglaives. You cant just wipe on illidan 10 times a week and get your warglaive set on a wednesday you know. Up until very recently (and it could still be the case) Nihilum hadnt had a single warglaive drop never mind the set and they've been farming him longer than anyone else.

Irrelevant..... The fact is spending the same amount of time in PvP as PvE will not reward you with Warglaives..... And Hardcore PvPers have a right to be annoyed about this.

Well, not untill season 4 and then all that losing 10 games a week pays off with weapons that are better than LEGENDARIES.

Yeh losing 10 games a week you are sure to get the required 2200 personal rating :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

hardcore pvpers should play a different game.

dustaz is right on every point he's made. /shudder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

While lee has made many a good point I don't agree with warglaives being allowed in arena.

Sure you've done the time in pve to get them and you should be allowed to benefit from the rewards but what about "TOP NOTCH" pvpers who spend the same amount of time in pvp have a 2.3+ k rating and still can't gain access to weapons as powerful.

If you put in the time to arena and are actually good at it, something like a 2.2k+ arena rating should let you have access to something like warglaives.

Lee losing 10games a week now is pointless, would take u MONTHS and MONTHS to accumulate 5k arena points not to mention you're still lingering below the personal ratings.

If losing 10 games a week is how you equate end game arena then you need to step out of the Sunwell more :p

But seriously, if it were possible to get to Vengeful or Brutal by losing 10 games a week as you put it, then what stops a PvE'er from doing so? But I would like to see a PvP'er wiping 10 times a week to warglaives ;) You can twist your argument both ways and this debate has gone on for many months with no obvious winners. Those who PvE more will tend to believe PvE is harder than going the arena route and vice versa.

I, being the awesome WoW player I am, have been on both sides of the fence and I feel reasonably comfortable saying that end game PvE provides better rewards for a similar amount of effort that PvP players put in, with lesser rewards.

This is a fairly undeniable fact and although it was somewhat lobsided in the difficulty in getting PvP gear (the losing 10-games a week syndrome, purchasing points, personal rating and win trading) alot of these issues have been resolved for season 4.

And Drake, nice little unbiased weigh-in there :P

Lets face it, if someone has 2x warglaives and all the pvp gear, then they've spent pretty much most of the last two years (6 days a week) playing wow. Maybe even longer. To get the best pvp gear you have to play your hole off, and to get the best pve gear you have to play your hole off even more.

Oh and the pic is fake as can be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Ivan wrote: »
    I, being the awesome WoW player I am, have been on both sides of the fence and I feel reasonably comfortable saying that end game PvE provides better rewards for a similar amount of effort that PvP players put in, with lesser rewards.

PvE rewards better for PvE

PvP rewards better for PvP

PvE takes coordination with 25 guild mates

PvP-Bgs takes one person in AV farming honor for amazingly good vindicator stuff and the bog standard glad stuff soon to be merciless

PvP-Arena takes 2 or 3 very skilled people to get a high rating

I Myself have a warrior for PvP and sometimes PvP on my warlock and yeah ofc there are some PvE rewards which are good for PvP (check out the 2 part lock t6 bonus im using) but there are also PvP rewards which can be used in PvE, its crazy how many people in my guild are using vengeful weapons because their damn awesome. Also many peoples alts spend a little time in Bg's to get their welfare epics and are geared enough to do kara easily for alt runs so thats handy too.

Psycopat wrote: »
    PvE rewards better for PvE

PvP rewards better for PvP

PvE takes coordination with 25 guild mates

PvP-Bgs takes one person in AV farming honor for amazingly good vindicator stuff and the bog standard glad stuff soon to be merciless

PvP-Arena takes 2 or 3 very skilled people to get a high rating

I Myself have a warrior for PvP and sometimes PvP on my warlock and yeah ofc there are some PvE rewards which are good for PvP (check out the 2 part lock t6 bonus im using) but there are also PvP rewards which can be used in PvE, its crazy how many people in my guild are using vengeful weapons because their damn awesome. Also many peoples alts spend a little time in Bg's to get their welfare epics and are geared enough to do kara easily for alt runs so thats handy too.
    The conversation isnt about whether PvE items are better than PvP content, its only that PvE'ers already have a massive advantage over PvP'ers, especially in PvP content. Period. But regarding your comment about PvE rewards > PvP for PvE and vice versa, This is undeniably true. But, something you touched on later, is that some PvE items are better than equivalent item level PvP gear for PvP but the same cannot be said.

s2 gear from pvp points is mute as its not end game content. Its similar to the long done increase in the number of token drops from TK/SSC as well as the Badge of Justice drop from the same bosses and earlier ones. Farming Karazhan for near T6 gear is far easier to do now than 10-gaming your way to s3 (or s4). How is that fair?

The amount of co-ordination and skill required by by those 2 or 3 (or 5 lol) people to reach high-rating is much, much more than is required by 25 man raids who phone it in, farming raid content over and over again.

And while class compisition goes a long way to flying up the arena ladder this can be equated to guilds looking up boss strategies to trivialise fights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

im not sure how far your experience in end game content goes but if you've ever been to sunwell you'll know that all 25 people in your raid must know exactly what to do and have perfect timing etc.. i agree that in most other raids you dont need all 25 people giving their all but in swp you really do. i dont really know why your say that pve'rs have such an advantage in their non-resilience pve gear because a good pvp team will crush a squishy pve team no problem, unless your talking about the warglaives which are ofc amazing but hey, their legendary if they were'nt amazing people would also be whining...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Well what i think people are saying here now is that in...

PvE... even the poor guilds can get T6 standard gear for just doing kara each week " 22 BOJ ". They no longer need to get to MH or BT to get their nice weapons or gear , which can take a long time to get that far in the game. I know for me im almost playing WoW for a year and only went into MH about two weeks ago for the first time. But if you were to look at my gear its not all that bad due to the BOJ rewards. When i join a guild i stay with them, i rather work with them and bring them from kara all the way to MH were we are at now :)

I have also been doing PvP for a long time on and off. Not all that good at PvP just do my 10 games a week " My raiting is from 1650 to 1500 " My PvP gear sucks to be honest, i just did it to get my weapons. Now that i have them im just building my arena points & wait for S4 to come out.

I think S4 is going to be good, i wont be able to buy the better gear cause i suck at PvP. It might make me spend more time at it to improve my play to get the rewards.

Advertisement