Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Shows

Options
  • 26-05-2008 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭

Looking for poker shows that can be watched online or preferably downloaded.

High stakes poker can be downloaded from www.youtube.com GSN have all the full episodes uploaded on their own page.

Have heard of fult tilt poker million dollar cash game and poker after dark. where can full episodes be downloaded from?

Know of any others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Pretty much anything involving poker on TV is on pokertube.com no download though I dont think.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Not that hard to dl them, I think I have a link to 100gb of poker (that i can PM if it wished and I can find it). However, pokertube should do you fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Please no-one post DL links, Pokertube.com is fine but illegal download sites can't be discussed here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Verbal_Kint

to download the youtube videos (put up by the channel that airs them) just go to www.downloadyoutubevideos.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭krux

I advise not wasting any of your life watching poker after dark.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Wondered was that good.

krux wrote: »

+1

They have way too many shows to ever hand a decent line up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Tis a pity HSP has been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,515 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

krux wrote: »
    Unless you like to watch really good real poker and not some chopped up version where you only see big hands.

I prefer the chopped up myself for entertainment purposes, but it you want to learn something about the game, Poker after dark is the show to watch.

The concept for poker after dark is good but the players they have on often aren't great. Like the one with Hansen and the 5 girls that was just bad. Pretty much any cash game show is better than any tournament show. I would watch the game in Swedish than PAD in English. The Poker Den is worth watching it may only start at 25/50 but Kasey Thompson means the action gets pretty sick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

musician wrote: »
    Tis a pity HSP has been cancelled.
    I'd imagine either GSN will miss the ratings and buy more episodes, or another network will pick it up at some stage, particularly if the new WSOP ME layout causes the stirr in the poker economy that they're hoping it will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

Rb wrote: »
    I'd imagine either GSN will miss the ratings and buy more episodes, or another network will pick it up at some stage, particularly if the new WSOP ME layout causes the stirr in the poker economy that they're hoping it will.

Listened to a radio show today where MORI the orgainser of high stakes poker, said in fact it hasnt been cancelled by GSN yet, but they havent ordered a new season yet, he seemed hopefull of getting it going. In any case he said there are any number of other options for a high stakes cash game and id say by the sounds of it there will still be a HSP game but possbily not of GSN.. He also mentioned that the next version of this would have a 1million min buyin...

It doesn't really matter what the buy in is i'm sure the players will have agreements where in reality they are probably still playing for $200k or so. Doyle said that no one was rolled for the $500k other than Guy. When it was just 300/600 it made it so that it was a lot of money for normal people but an amount that all the players were more than happy to gamble with if its an amount that makes the players uncomfortable the play will tighten up big time.

It might be the end of HSP on GSN but i doubt it will be the last of it as the ratings were pretty decent just not the age group GSN were after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Grafter wrote: »

A+ reading skills there.

Advertisement