Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lithuanian insurance - is it worth anything?

Options
  • 26-05-2008 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

Some Lithuanian lad crashed into my mothers car earlier and the car needs a new door, she has his details but just wondering if their insurance is worth the paper it's written on over here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Eh don't think so, did she call the gardai?
    If she has his number i would pester him to pay up soon. My own personal thing, i wouldn't trust it.

Can't imagine his insurance will actually cover him, because he's not actually going home enough with the car i mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Theoretically there is no reason why the Lithuanian insurance shouldn't be valid.

It's from an EU country, tied into EU wide agreements.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yes as peasant said it should be valid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

IN theory it should be
    But just like if an irish person with an irish registered car with irish insurance went to england for the entire year there maybe problems with the insurance, if the CAR is not returning to its country of registration for periods, if god forbid anything happens.

But then again alot of What-ifs, at least she got the details and he/she had details to give!
    Still id of made sure to call the gardai to have a statement from both parties and the details on record.

Advertisement