Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

geography question....

Options
  • 26-05-2008 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

eh i am totally confused.... when a question in geography says for example

"examine the development of secondary economic activities of......"

wud you have to write about a prosperous region like the Paris basin or can you do a region like the BMW.....

ta....:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

What does the question say after the word 'of'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭leomessi

Either, geography questions are generally very vague

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

^^ ya agree with the guy above me,

but basically talk about any secondary activities, just because a region is poor doesn't mean it doesn't have them, you should of learned loads of secondary activities about the west of Ireland and the Mezzo.

Are you in 5th year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭betsymagoo

yep... as in leaving cert in 10 days.....

and i have learned loads about these places its just the structure of answering questions is the bit thats gettin t me....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

betsymagoo wrote: »
    yep... as in leaving cert in 10 days.....

and i have learned loads about these places its just the structure of answering questions is the bit thats gettin t me....
    Oh I see, well just keep going back over the exam papers and if you come across anything that catches you out send me a pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

Again, for development, do you just waffle on about how secondary activities came about in that place? E.g. grants, infrastructure, resources(labour force, etc)? Again, with me its the question that catches me out.
    For primary, again, would you talk about climate, soils, grants?
    If so its really a process of learning off an answer with 12 SRPs on Primary, Secondary, and tertiary for an Irish, European and Non EU region

Advertisement