Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I-Pod

Options
  • 26-05-2008 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

This got lost a bit in one of the other threads but it's a question I've wondered about.

Where do y'all stand on wearing i-pods on the Wicklow? i find it's a great help when the going gets tough but have heard some people speaking against it. what do we reckon? bear in mind i'll prob be doing the majority of it on my own.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'd never wear an iPod on the road. I'd find it too distracting and I like to hear traffic coming up behind me. That's just my opinion though and people do ride with them. If you're riding on your own, it's up to you. In a group, I think it would be best not to use it. People call stuff like cars, potholes, gravel etc all the time. If you're the guy who doesn't hear it and causes a spill you won't be making any friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I listen to my iPod on the bike often enough but I don't bring it on these sort of events as I expect to be in a group or at least alongside another cyclist for most of the time. Definately a bad idea in a group. Bear in mind that cyclists of all abilities do this so it is unlikely that you will be on your own much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭zorkmundsson

cheers all. good advice. will take it training, but leave it at home on the day i think.

Advertisement