Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drop down list of Towns

Options
  • 26-05-2008 5:16pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Does anyone know where I can obtain a drop down list of towns (and possibly estates) within Citys in Ireland for use on a website? Such lists are often used during registration on sites like Hotmail, Daft.ie and even townandcountry.ie (though they dont provide estates).

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Go to the site containing an appropriate list for you, view and copy source.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I was hoping for a more complete list as the ones iv seen are not completed. Plus they dont cover estates :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

County Council websites perhaps? One thing I would say is if you use estates as well the list will be very large. Is it really necessary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Best I have is a csv of townlands with 8000+ entries including coords which I picked up from somewhere 6 months ago. Some are as gaeilge which may or may not be helpful and some lines have quotes, some don't, so it's not very clean and consistent. Take as is and if you do clean it up by parsing out the crap, send a copy back to me pls, ta.

Irishtownlands.csv

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mirror wrote: »
    County Council websites perhaps? One thing I would say is if you use estates as well the list will be very large. Is it really necessary?

Estates not so much, but towns are.. :)

• Advertisement

tricky D wrote: »
    Best I have is a csv of townlands with 8000+ entries including coords which I picked up from somewhere 6 months ago. Some are as gaeilge which may or may not be helpful and some lines have quotes, some don't, so it's not very clean and consistent. Take as is and if you do clean it up by parsing out the crap, send a copy back to me pls, ta.

Irishtownlands.csv

Thanks ill take a look through it. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

An Post provide a service called Geodirectory, but I can't see it being too cheap. They also have the co-ordinates which can be very handy.

Advertisement