Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

keyfob for Nissan Primera

Options
  • 26-05-2008 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hello

My keyfob for Nissan Primera 2000 does not work properly. It takes 10-12 clicks instead of usual 1 to disarm alarm and unlock doors.
    Fob is worn out and the button on the circuit board isn't being pressed properly.

Is there a way to find out is it battery or is it tear and wear?

Is there any point in buying new/used electronic key fob on Ebay and reprogram it?

How can NATS alarm be disabled in order to use key without fob to lock/unlock?

Anything I need to know about replacement of keyfob battery ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MarinoMark

both of mine are the same. You can replace the battery by removing any keyring off the key, slide the top of the fob away from the key itself, there is a little notch at the back of the key that you can use a screwdriver into,
    It slides upwards and out. You can get the battery CR 2025 on the pack in most Tesco stores or your local motor factor or Nissan Dealer.

It looks worn but will work fine with a new battery. Battery is about the size of a 5c coin. Regards........

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

This happened to mine twice.

First time on the back of the button there is a little rubber nub that presses the actual switch the nub had worn away. I went into a Nissan Dealer and surprisingly it cost me less then €2 for a new set of rubber buttons, seemingly its common for this to wear away.

The second time my key broke the actual switch inside the key fell away from the the circuit board but it was easy enough to solder back on.

Advertisement