Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does dragons breath ammo exist? If it does, would it be useful?

Options
  • 26-05-2008 1:19pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In the white wolf series, one of the most useful assets in monster hunting is dragons breath ammunition for guns.

These are bullets which, along with the standard ow hurty holes affect of bullets, are also incendiary.

It seems to me a shotgun with this loaded would be dead handy against a horde (immolation of course doesn't kill zombies, but it does damage them and remove their already decaying muscle mass).

It apparently is only of use in manually loaded guns.

Nerin: Apologies but these are usually considered rather fatal if used on Vampires. The whole fire thing, you know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon's_Breath

Dragonsbreath.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

According to the wiki article they don't appear to have solid shot in them, but that wouldn't stop me loading up on em. Killing Z's is one thing, doing it in style is something else altogether!
    Great discovery.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Roen wrote: »
    According to the wiki article they don't appear to have solid shot in them, but that wouldn't stop me loading up on em. Killing Z's is one thing, doing it in style is something else altogether!
    Great discovery.

Yeah a flame thrower/ shotgun hybrid is not something to be sniffed at. :)

Or used indoors

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

id prefer using an actual dragon myself.
    nothing like being surrounded by a horde of zombies,slicing away, putting your arm up and boom. insta death from the skies.
    now thats style.

edit-who the fook said i was a vampire?

Nerin wrote: »
    id prefer using an actual dragon myself.
    nothing like being surrounded by a horde of zombies,slicing away, putting your arm up and boom. insta death from the skies.
    now thats style.

edit-who the fook said i was a vampire?

No one said you were a vampire, however you have admitted you know teh sexay Vamp wimmins!

Wanna se anti zombie dragon death? Drakengard 2 for ps2. That was fun!

SDooM wrote: »
    No one said you were a vampire, however you have admitted you know teh sexay Vamp wimmins!

Wanna se anti zombie dragon death? Drakengard 2 for ps2. That was fun!
    the ending sucked. Legna...you traitorous bastard... :eek::(
    Angelus on the other hand, i'd be proud to fight beside her. at least she went nuts doing something good.

ahem.
    maybe we should start breeding dragons to aid us in battling zombies?
    wouldnt trust wyverns, seeing as they are more like unrtamed wild animals, and possibly could get infected by zombification.

• Advertisement

the ending sucked. Legna...you traitorous bastard... :eek::(
    Angelus on the other hand, i'd be proud to fight beside her. at least she went nuts doing something good.

ahem.
    maybe we should start breeding dragons to aid us in battling zombies?
    wouldnt trust wyverns, seeing as they are more like unrtamed wild animals, and possibly could get infected by zombification.

Yeah what was up with that ending? So depressing.

Angelus rocked.

Maybe we should breed dragons that can shoot dragon breath bullets?

Yeah what was up with that ending? So depressing.

Angelus rocked.

Maybe we should breed dragons that can shoot dragon breath bullets?
    or get dragons breath off them to make weapons like this :D

or get dragons breath off them to make weapons like this :D

I dunno, I like my flame thrower shotguns alot, saw a couple youtube videos of it now... bloody hell!

hmmm.
    i guess you just have to test it...

56848.jpg

56849.jpg

56850.jpg

ha, look at that, it would work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

This would also be quite effective for zombie death:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolo_shell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

crash_000 wrote: »

Those sound seriously kick-ass

crash_000 wrote: »

If we could only combine the two...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Ye gods, those bolo-shells look like the boy to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Probably possible to modify the technique used to create tracer rounds (phosphor coating on the outside) so that a slow burning fuel (e.g. napalm) within the shell could be ignited mid-flight, have the shell frail enough that it fragments on impact spreading the burning fuel over whatever it hits, making it a more ranged weapon than the Dragon's-breath one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

As a rule I avoid fire based weapons. The idea of flaming zombies is too fearful to me.
    However I firmly believe that cluster ammo is the way to go. Imagine a bullet that once lodged in a Z, disperses into fragments of shrapnel which tear through the Z, cracking bones, removing limbs and with any luck hitting the brain. Just remember, not advised for close combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,953 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Blooddy useless round.5 seconds of fire uncontrollable ,can only be used in single shot break barrel shotguns,illegal to own.Much better off with the bolo round if ya need exotic ammo.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Tracer rounds. Go.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Paintball ammo refilled with gasoline. Just add spark for a delightful zombie barbecue.

Dead things on fire. Not a good idea. Useful in dealing with werewolves though :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Dead things on fire. Not a good idea. Useful in dealing with werewolves though :p
    JUst what do you have against the morphically-challenged Nerin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Drunkmonkey79

Fire in any form is a terrible idea against zombies, those dumb sh1ts will just wander/drag them selves around on fire lighting up what ever bit of a sanctuary you have made for yourself.

JUst what do you have against the morphically-challenged Nerin.

;) just handy to know weaknesses,never know when it'll be handy :)

;) just handy to know weaknesses,never know when it'll be handy :)
    Can I watch you tyry to gasball a werewolf, then get him/her to hold still while you light him/her on fire?

Can I watch you tyry to gasball a werewolf, then get him/her to hold still while you light him/her on fire?

Yes

Oh goody, goody. I needed something for my new movie: Faces of Supernatural Death vol. 3:D

Oh goody, goody. I needed something for my new movie: Faces of Supernatural Death vol. 3:D

I've been on more monster hunts than you've had fapping sessions :D

Trust me, all you'll get is the smell of burning fur!

Sorry bout that btw. Shouldn't have tried sneaking up on me :D

• Advertisement

And I think we all know how awful that smells.

Advertisement