Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Dilemma

Options
  • 26-05-2008 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Folks, I'm a regular poster but wanted to go unreg for this.

Popped my Cv up on monster a few weeks back and the phone hasnt stopped ringing since. Now most of these jobs I've no interest in. 2 I have gone for interviews for. One will require a bit of travel around Ireland maybe once a week or once every 2 weeks for 1 day periods + I get the bonus of a company car. That job would take maybe an hour to drive to. 40 mins to cycle to. Public transport is not an option.

Job 2 is pretty much office based with no travel at all but is about a 20 min cycle from my house. Both of these jobs pay about 8-10k more than my current job.

I like my current job is a relativel small company. I do a good bit of worldwide travel and I like the people I work with. I have until friday to decide what to do....

Any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Do you need the extra money?

If not, why change a good thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

dublindude wrote: »
    Do you need the extra money?

If not, why change a good thing...

No It would probably mean about 5k net more per year so its not to be sniffed at.

but i'd like the experience i'd get in the other 2 companies but they are irish with no scope for travel. I'm just worried i'll get itchy feet and leave after a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yeah I agree. If it aint broke (or if you aint)...

But then again, why did you put your CV up in the first place? Do you feel like you are not being paid enough?

I just did it as I had a pay review coming up and wanted to get an idea of what I was going to ask for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Go to your boss with the proposal from new co's
    Then say 'SHOW ME THE MONEY' if he/she says pardon you say louder 'SHOW ME THE MONEY'
    Worked in the cinema - real like mimiking art !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

An extra 10 in the paw or I walk Capice?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How much travel do you do to get to your current job?

Why do you want to leave it?

the_syco wrote: »
    How much travel do you do to get to your current job?

Why do you want to leave it?

I get to do a good bit, mostly around europe, sometimes to the US & Asia/Oz.

I could spend a week in Paris, then fly directly to NZ etc but I could be in Ireland for 3 months straight aswell.

Tbh I dont want to leave but this job is something I enjoy and its better paid and long term the prospects are better.

Advertisement