Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I f****d?

Options
  • 25-05-2008 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Im doing pass Irish but know very little of the actual Course. For the mocks i went in answered the comprehensions and part of a clare sa speir qustion. My Aural was terrible and my result over all was terrible. I think i did ok in the oral, I think i got a pass but im extreamly nervous about taking this exam. Irish never sunk in for me.:mad: Is the paper marked hard? Is it hard to get a pass? What are the guidelines for the examiners?:confused: Thanks, I asked about this in another thread but since its getting closer to actually doing the exam I needed to ask. Thanks a million in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

right the irish exam at pass level can at first seem daunting but its is an exam you can seriously prepare for.
    Your story/letter/ whatever can be prepared in advance and slapped down on the page. Similarly poetry and prose themes and feelings can also be simply learned off and recited. this is what you should be doing
    learn of 2 generic stories based on recurring themes
    2 learn off some basic prepared asnwers for your prepared poetry and stories.

the comprehnesions arent that dificult if all else fails just look for common words from the question in the answer.

Above all keep it simple. stick to one tense Past tense tends to be easiest use short consise sentences and simple language

in the aural again listen for common words and just keep in mind the questions are sequential so no use looking for anser 2 after you answered number three.
    i stuck to the above 3 years ago and i came out with a B1 so theres hope for us all mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Pete29

Right, so 2 stories and 2 poems to be learnt? Yeah, I have an essay ready just nervous about forgetting it on the day. Thanks for the reply btw

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

It'll more than likely come back to you on the day! And the comprehension pieces can be very easy. A lot of the time it is just a case of read the Q and the A will contain the same/similar words,jumps off the page at ya!

Thanks :) I hope so. Do you think 2 stories 2 poems would be enough??

It prob would be once you can do the comprehensions,are you counting this subject towards your points?!

Try learn off a few phrases and stuff for the letter/story writing etc....!

• Advertisement

Unfortunately no, im just looking for a pass to get into third level. Thanks for the advice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

Pete29 wrote: »
    Unfortunately no, im just looking for a pass to get into third level. Thanks for the advice. :)

i got a NG in PASS irish in the leaving, i still went onto 3rd level.. does the course your doing require irish?

lazygit wrote: »
    i got a NG in PASS irish in the leaving, i still went onto 3rd level.. does the course your doing require irish?
    Where did you go that you didn't need Irish?!

Advertisement