Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Importance of this steering pump tube? Its bent..

Options
  • 25-05-2008 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    I had a problem recently where the power steering gave up while being driven.. it turned out it was the alternator (The steering pump is fully electric). Just put in a new alternator and its working fine now.But here's the problem,when trying to figure out what was wrong we had a look at the steering pump and noticed that one of the tubes coming out of it had a really bad kink, now the steering was working fine, Im just wondering if I should get a garage to replace this or is it necessary at all?
    The funny thing is that this is actually a new steering pump fitted be a garage about a year ago.. and the pipe is totally kinked, The pipe itself is fairly tough plastic and I can't unkink it myself.

The car is a 97 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
    Im not sure what pipe it is but thats why Im posting here! The thick pipe mddle left goes to the steering fluid resevoir, the metal pipe coming out the center goes to the steering I think. My kinked pipe runs under the battery tray then up along by the hinges of the bonnet over towards the steering wheel area.

Id appreciate any advice about this! The steering does work fine but I don't want to damage this steering pump, especially since its so new. Thanks for any help!
    25052008173fz4.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Anyone? I just need to know if its a big problem that this pipe has a bad kink in it?
    Should it be replaced?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Not a problem at all. No need to worry, just check and see if they are any cracks. Try losing that nut there and you might be able to straighten it out.

Advertisement