Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bike licence

Options
  • 25-05-2008 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows if I need to sit the new theory test if I want to get a provisional bike licence.

I held a provisional bike licence in the past which ran out in 2003 I think. At the time I had to do the old theory test to get it. I have a full car licence too.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I suspect you will have to do the test - I think it has been revised since.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

As far as I know ya have to sit it again. I had to even though I had a provisional before and a full car licence now. Its a racket. I said to the guy before I sat the test that technically if I failed the theory I shouldnt be allowed to drive home. He laughed and agreed it was a joke. There were two questions relating to biking in the theory test. Two.

They were 1. Up to what Kw can you drive on a restricted licence
    2. Hand signals.

The rest were identical to car theory

• Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The theory test is valid for 5 years (within the category group).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Damn. Someone I know who has a full car license has failed the bike theory test twice recently. They said it's much more difficult now with all of the new questions..
    Hoping its as easy as Bandit197 says though, I did the car theory test in about 5 mins & got 40/40.. Such a waste of money & time.

Advertisement