Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More help please for my resto shaman

Options
  • 25-05-2008 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

So I am still plugging away at my 70 resto shaman getting the feel for it.

It is a big change from my elemental, well at least from mental perspective. As an elemental I had fully accepted and revelled in my role as a glass cannon. Shooting out loads of nice big damage numbers, getting primaried and dying. But at least I went down knowing I had scared the living daylights out of a group.

If I am objective about it I know that isn't much different as a resto, I mean that eventually that gnome rogue and NE warrior realise that the reason they can't kill the tauren is because I am spamming heals, they primary me and I go down. It just doesn't feel like I am contributing enough to a battle (well not so much "enough" but "as-much-as I used" to as an elemental).

I just feel that I accomplished more as an elemental, although that is probably because my gear still isn't great for healing. Also my ability to deal with 1v1 has disappeared altogether. In a group battle though I find that my difficult opponents list has changed completely, as an elemental I was worried about warlocks and hunters and rogues only if they got the drop in me. Now as a resto I can safely ignore warlocks and most casters don't bother me. The only thing I worry about are warriors and rogues. If these guys go for me I die.

I feel I really have a long way to go to get the feel of it. Distance is a big thing. I am still used to the offensive spell range and find myself closer than I should be. Don't get me wrong if I get behind a warrior he worships the ground I walk on. The only problem is that they often don't look after me and I die, then they die. In AV once I was with this Tauren warrior called FtangFtang who watched my back always and we rampaged about. I just need more survivability.

So for all you ranged guys out there how do you survive melee classes and any other miscellaneous tips?

Edit: Also any usful mods for pvp healing? I once saw a mod that listed all the close-by allies (hordes but you know what I mean) and highlighted the ones in healing distance. All you needed to do was click on their health bar and spammed heal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I wouldnt know about either since I am enhancement, have you been enh before? I cant see you levelling to 70 with an ele build.

Is it healbot you are thinking of? AFAIK that only works for a group though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

"Grid" for raid healing bars, and you can combine it with "Clique" for one click healing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I was elemental till 40 when i got to wear mail I switched enhancement. Once you get water shield as enhancement you have zero downtime. Then from 65-66 on I started collecting casting gear and switched back to elemental. At 69 I was fully equipped elemental and the burst damage was great. But everyone I talked to said that at 70 and arena resto is the way to go, especially in 5v5. Also totem placement is key.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Welcome to the realisation that Shamans are the most gimped class in PvP in WoW. Every other healing class can outperform and outlast resto shamans in pvp and enhancement is a joke. World of CC ftl.

If all you do is PvP go back to elem at least you have some form of utility.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Drakar wrote: »

Thanks that is a great tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

Never played one at high level but what I can say is I have a really hard time killing resto shamans in pvp / bgs if their gear is in any way good at all. That's even with 2 or 3 people on him. So they do have some survivability. However as said, they are gimped slightly and out of all of the healing classes, they don't last *as* long as say a disci priest or a plate wearing bubbling bastard pally... or a Resto druid which is probably the most ridiculous thing to try and kill in PVP... nerf plx! etc lal blah

Every short heal they cast seems to heal them for like 50% or so. Without a paladin there to throw JoJ on them most of them drop an earthbind totem and ghost wolf out of they think no help is coming.

If you can throw an interrupt in just towards the end of their casting time it can help kill one.

Advertisement