Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Positioning

Options
  • 25-05-2008 2:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi,

Would some be able to help me with the layout of my page? I want it to look like this and this is what it looks like now. I don't want to do it using borders but I can't seem to figure it out using positioning. Anyone able to help?

CSS Page

Regards,
    Darren

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

those first two links are not working buddy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

miju wrote: »
    those first two links are not working buddy :)

Working fine for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

[HTML]clear: left;[/HTML]

in your #bottomleft div.

http://www.w3schools.com/Css/pr_class_clear.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

NotMe wrote: »
    [html]clear: left;[/html]in your #bottomleft div.

http://www.w3schools.com/Css/pr_class_clear.asp

Thanks. When I add in borders it returns back to the old way, is there anyway to add borders and make it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Try change the width of the topleft/topright/bottomleft/bottomright divs 49% (or topleft/bottomleft 49% and leave the two right ones at 50%).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

The way I got around it when I had to do something similar was to use secondary inner / nested divs for the borders... leaving the outer ones at 50% with no border.
    Or in my case 16.5% or something since I was trying to do a 6 column fluid width layout... urgh lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The way I got around it when I had to do something similar was to use secondary inner / nested divs for the borders... leaving the outer ones at 50% with no border.
    Or in my case 16.5% or something since I was trying to do a 6 column fluid width layout... urgh lol.
    I've started using the Yahoo! UI Library for their layout CSS. I figure that their code is well tested for cross browser/platform compatibility.

Advertisement