Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Tomb Stones?

Options
  • 24-05-2008 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

As expected, I've died a fair few times. But I've never had a tombstone appear. I have the little skull appearing to tell me that I'm being penalised, but when I return to where I died, there's no tombstone, so I'm stuck with the penalty. Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Nope, contact a Gm about it. Sounds like a annoying bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I sent off a petition and as you'd expect, I died shortly afterward and had a tombstone!!! But the next time it died, there was none again.

But it's not all bad, I had a glitch where I had cast a healing spell on myself and it's effects didn't stop after the set duration, making my almost invincible. I kept beinh killed by a lvl 18 (I was 11) and so was able to turn the tables and kill him. Revenge is incredibly sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

humanji wrote: »
    I sent off a petition and as you'd expect, I died shortly afterward and had a tombstone!!! But the next time it died, there was none again.

But it's not all bad, I had a glitch where I had cast a healing spell on myself and it's effects didn't stop after the set duration, making my almost invincible. I kept beinh killed by a lvl 18 (I was 11) and so was able to turn the tables and kill him. Revenge is incredibly sweet!

Yeah, I have seen something similar. And I have seen a assassin with the entry buff on permanent. He was near un-hittable.

I have only had 1 tombstone ever. What are they , how do you get penalised for dying ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I think it starts up when you're lvl 10 or so, that when you're killed, a tombstone (should) marks where you died. You get some attribute penalties for dying that wear off after 30 minutes, but you can cancel the penalties by finding and right-clicking on your tombstone.

And if you die before the 30 minutes are up and didn't get to your tombstone, you get another penalty added to your current one, so if you're like me you can get several cumulative penalties at the one go.

I love this system because I was tired of having to take item damage for dying, or even worse, lose XP for it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement