Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

insurance

Options
  • 24-05-2008 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

test this monday..my insurance ran out but i re-new it on last monday afternoon and they said they would process it and send out the new disc now i should have the new disc in the post on monday before my test just wpndering what if not... my car is insured but just the disc hasnt been updated on my car yet do you think would be a problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Yes. You're required to have a valid insurance disc on the day of the test. I've heard of cases where they're nice about it and accept written proof of insurance but technically they're not supposed to. Without either you definitely won't be allowed to sit the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

whats written proof? only proof i have at moment is online print out , im not freaking too much cuase i expect to have in post on monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

A typical example of written proof would be the letter of temporary cover often sent to a new policy holder before they formally sign to receive the cert and disc. Obviously this won't apply in your case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DaveyGem

Once you insured your insured the disc doesn show who is insured on the vehicle so if they are basing that as proof of insurance there would be a lot of people blowing smoke up your ass.

Once ye sign that piece of paper saying your insured thats good enough for them. In most cases Companies are quick enough with the certs and discs if ye still feel ye need it and it hasn't arrived call into a branch and get it printed off

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

DaveyGem wrote: »
    Once ye sign that piece of paper saying your insured thats good enough for them.
    The law states that a vehicle on a public road must display an insurance disc. That the vehicle is insured is irrelevant - it must display the disc to be road legal.

Driving test are conducted on public roads, therefore.......

• Advertisement
Advertisement