Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

obtaining pppoe username and password

Options
  • 24-05-2008 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

im tryin to get my pppoe username and password to change setting on my ps3 im with ntl broadband and they say they dont have the information and pass me on to other people to try get it who then just pass me back! anyone any ideas hoe i go about gettin it? have tried 168.192.1.1 and its not workin can anyone help?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

BIG Phill wrote: »
    im tryin to get my pppoe username and password to change setting on my ps3 im with ntl broadband and they say they dont have the information and pass me on to other people to try get it who then just pass me back! anyone any ideas hoe i go about gettin it? have tried 168.192.1.1 and its not workin can anyone help?

UPC/NTL don't use PPPOE.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

have tried 168.192.1.1 and its not workin can anyone help?
    s/b 192.168.1.1

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 BIG Phill

have tried that but still no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Spear wrote: »
    UPC/NTL don't use PPPOE.
    Agreed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

have tried that but still no joy

If you want access to the modem, it's commonly (but not always) at 192.168.100.1 with a username and password of root and root. There's some stats to see but not much else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭guil

i presume he's tryin to set it up on the ps3 for nat 1, have a look here http://www.ps3-leagues.co.uk/forum/f127/dns-problem-13053/index2.html and do what i say near the bottom but put in the details for ntl and ya should get nat 2

Advertisement