Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless keyboards

Options
  • 24-05-2008 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

thinking about getting a new keyboard, whats the story with wireless keyboards, are they any use or is it all a load of battery hassle and constant reboots due to drop offs ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

MooseJam wrote: »
    thinking about getting a new keyboard, whats the story with wireless keyboards, are they any use or is it all a load of battery hassle and constant reboots due to drop offs ?

I got a mikomi wirless keyboard and mouse from argos for €30 i think. Its good lots of hotkeys but eats batterys. Try get one that can be charged.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I got a cheap wireless keyboard and mouse from lidl ages ago for my parents pc. The keyboard is grand, don't have any problems with it, don't know what the mouse is like though as I dropped it down the stairs four seconds after getting it and it broke. I would get a rechargable one though as it saves on the hassle of having to change batteries. You know you won't be able to find a spare set when you really need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭muggyog

Their a gimmick unless you do a lot of presentations.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I've used ones before with no problems. Much lighter on the batteries than mice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Go bluetooth. I use a Logitech Dinovo Edge,myself,for my HTPC. I find it fantastic and it's rechargeable to boot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I got a Microsoft set ages ago, keyboard & mouse. The keyboard is the job, has all the media keys too, not a battery eater either (change every few months here) but the mouse was brutal, there was serious delays between you clicking mouse or moving it and it registering on screen. So we don't use that...

Advertisement