Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Accounting help please!!

Options
  • 24-05-2008 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Neither the rapid revision book nor the freaking LC marking schemes explain how to get the figure "Payments to acquire tangible fixed assets" in a cash flow statement!!!

Please help! Either it's ridiculously simple, or the people who write them like to see students suffer... grrrrr I hate cash flow statements, but I'm not doing interpretation, so I have to be safe.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

Is it... The amount you handed over to obtain a FA?

Is cash flow prime? Will it be a section 2 because it was in my mocks and I think I heard people say it. Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Are you talking about where it says "Fixed assets,which cost X and on which total dep of Y has been provided, wre sold for z..??
    If so what you so is take what it cost from last year figure..(for example the 1998 question only 1 i have in front of me where it cost 50,000 FA for where 96 were 480,000 and 97 were 500,000...so you take the 50,000 off the 480,000 then that figure off the 500,000:
    so
    580,000-[480,000-50,000]=70,000

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Rich89

Isnt usually the case where they give you an adjustment thats "Buildings sold for say €50,000" and the figure for last year was say €400,000. But. In this years Balance Sheet its say €500,000. Therefore payment to acquire tangible fixed assets = €400,000 - €50000 = €350,000. => Payment is = €150,000.

Or something along those lines, its been a week or two since i did them.

*Note on cashflows!*

In the reconciliation of operating acitivities...etc.

Watch out for "Changes to prepayments" and "Patent Amortisation" adjustments as they have never come up before!

Advertisement