Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

winners and losers in online poker? data anyone?

Options
  • 24-05-2008 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

just wondering if anyone has any link to an overview or study rergarding where the money goes in online poker. e.g. breakdown of percentages in terms of winners/breakeven players/losers. do the splits change as the games/limits move higher. i'm just curious. i've heard people suggest or guess things like only 3% of online players make a profit in the long run and 10% breakeven...the rest are long term losers... and so on........ but are there any more reliable sources figures??...........is this something that has changed over time etc?
    and in terms of rake. how much do sites actually make from the rake? do sites publish these figures or do the just publish 'profit' figures for shareholders. and was there/is there ever any competition regarding pure rakes fees. (excluding rakeback deals, differing points bonuses etc).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Mr Fibble has some good figures via his datamining project. We had a discussion here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055220306

• Registered Users Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

just wondering if anyone has any link to an overview or study rergarding where the money goes in online poker. e.g. breakdown of percentages in terms of winners/breakeven players/losers. do the splits change as the games/limits move higher. i'm just curious. i've heard people suggest or guess things like only 3% of online players make a profit in the long run and 10% breakeven...the rest are long term losers... and so on........ but are there any more reliable sources figures??...........is this something that has changed over time etc?
    and in terms of rake. how much do sites actually make from the rake? do sites publish these figures or do the just publish 'profit' figures for shareholders. and was there/is there ever any competition regarding pure rakes fees. (excluding rakeback deals, differing points bonuses etc).

this cant be true I am up about 3k last year this year just up a 1k , i play low stakes , might seem feck all but I dont see myself as a losing player , this is with PT stats behind me , If those stats where true I would not play!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Yeah but many hands have you played?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

well i am saying over two years including live I am not a loseing player (given i had some nice cashes live ).Whats considered a long period 2,4 10 years?i would hang up my poker visor if i was losing every year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭krux

well i am saying over two years including live I am not a loseing player (given i had some nice cashes live ).Whats considered a long period 2,4 10 years?i would hang up my poker visor if i was losing every year!

lol u clearly missed the point the op is referring to online poker only

• Advertisement
Advertisement