Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

summer in paris

Options
  • 23-05-2008 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

i'm thinking of going to paris for a few weeks in the summer, staying with a host family, & attending french language classes while i'm there.
    I'm a little wary of going to paris as it's a big city and stuff, so if anyone has any advice or has been to paris or anything, or gone anywhere alone.. well it'd be great to chat a bit about it :)

-pippa

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Paris is friggin awesome!!!!

Great weather during summer.

Went there on a school tour, Eiffel Tower, Shops, Cafes, Drink alcohol at 16!!!!

Also, the red light district is in a normal, safe part of the city centre. :cool:

Definitely go to France, especially Paris!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

i'm thinking of going to paris for a few weeks in the summer, staying with a host family, & attending french language classes while i'm there.
    I'm a little wary of going to paris as it's a big city and stuff, so if anyone has any advice or has been to paris or anything, or gone anywhere alone.. well it'd be great to chat a bit about it :)

-pippa
    You studying french in college?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭hippety-pippety

um not sure wat u mean.. i'm not going to college. its like a language school for people of all ages, you can go any time of year for however long u like. so i'm going for 4weeks during the summer cos i don't want to work :) & all my friends wil be working.
    unless u meant am i studying french at school, in which case yep i've been doing french the last 6years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭hippety-pippety

K4t wrote: »
    Paris is friggin awesome!!!!

Great weather during summer.

Went there on a school tour, Eiffel Tower, Shops, Cafes, Drink alcohol at 16!!!!

Also, the red light district is in a normal, safe part of the city centre. :cool:

Definitely go to France, especially Paris!!!!!

sounds cool :) weird about the red light district, i've heard stuff like that. i'm kinda nervous bt i think like its PARIS, i shud just go.
    so the city isn't too scary or nething?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Definitely go! Went to Paris last year for a week on a school tour and it was one of the best weeks of my life! I'd highly recommend it, great city.

I enjoyed it so much I'm planning to go back in August with a few mates, should be fun :)
    so the city isn't too scary or nething?

The only place I found a bit dodgy were the Metro systems after dark, there's a few hobos, junkies, etc down there. Though I suppose it didn't help that I drunkenly gave some junkie/hobo the finger one night and got a chase, hahah. You should be grand though, otherwise the city is perfectly safe.

The Red Light District is a laugh. You'll walk down it getting offered handjobs and all sorts of things, but it's not dangerous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Nice place, you'll be fine. Quite expensive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

um not sure wat u mean.. i'm not going to college. its like a language school for people of all ages, you can go any time of year for however long u like. so i'm going for 4weeks during the summer cos i don't want to work :) & all my friends wil be working.
    unless u meant am i studying french at school, in which case yep i've been doing french the last 6years
    Actually I mean't did you intend to continue learning french in university and thats why you were going to paris to improve your french, anyway you answered my question. Have a good time over there.

Advertisement