Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My 1000th post

Options
  • 23-05-2008 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,515 ✭✭✭✭

I was gonna blow this off as a nothing, but its my 1000th post and I decided I would do something with it. I’m not one for this sort of thing but here it goes.

I am eagle eye and formerly mrflash, I changed my sig after chatting with Dev down in Waterford last November and explaining that I was not alone mrflash but a brother of mine was also using my account to post a lot of ridiculous stuff which was just him levelling me. I had stopped logging on to boards as a result of that.
    Since I joined boards I have become a far more complete poker player, I’m still useless but I was uselesser. When I first came here I just read some of the posts and was amazed at the amount of poker phrases and mathematical theories that I did not understand. I was pretty confident that I had a good understanding of poker and felt that this was all useless information in which there was no need to get involved. I now know how little I actually knew about poker at that time.
    I would consider myself a much better live player than online player, I think the reasons for that are competitiveness and reads which are two extra advantages I have live. Nicnicnic has a Seve Ballesteros quote as his sig, and that really explains my feelings towards competition. I used to run and play football, I play golf still but not as much as I’d like and I have achieved provincial titles in all of these sports.

My favourite posters would have to be split up into categories,

Serious poker strategy: Hectorjelly, Robin Lacey, NickyOD and Roundtower for cash and Connie147,LuckyLloyd, R4ad, allinstevie and Nicnicnic(when he decides to post) for tournaments. There are a lot of others that I have left out but I am only picking out a couple.
    Enjoyable, comedy posters: No doubt who no.1 is for me in this category and that’s Yuletired.
    Then there is El Stuntman, Connie 147(especially after his trip report from the Madrid) and a host of others but I am drawing a blank now, so I’ll leave it there.
    Of course there are numerous levellers and nicnicnic and goodluck2me come to mind immediately.
    My favourite war would have to be the one between r4ad and hectorjelly and my favourite thread ever was the bigcitybanker one where he would not move his seat. That was just so funny.
    And so just a little story to finish off.
    I met a few of the boardsies down in Waterford at the winter festival and they were all decent blokes. I was told down there about a guy called cardshark202 and how he had taken on ilovemrflash as his sig. I had no doubt that he would have been told who I was, so I decided it was time to level him. We were in a cash game and I had seen him earlier that day get very agitated over losing a big pot to pocket 2’s, so I decided that if he sucked out on anyone that I would let loose. As it turned out it happened in a big pot where his kqclubs > set of aces as the money went in on the turn, it was not a suck out as such as he went in ahead but I just levelled him there and then, and I think it was a great performance by me, if I do say so myself.

I remember meeting goodluck2me who told me he was Lazare at the time but admitted in Galway that it was not that case. And yes I was the guy who was in the last 12 of the 750 event at the ipc and did not make it back in time the next day and got blinded out. I suffer from a sleeping disorder which caused this, I was not drinking the night before or anything like that. I got over it by becoming brain dead from alcohol over the next three days.

I have seen some posters get very agitated from time to time and they don’t seen to understand that a lot of posts on here are just levelling. I will admit that maybe around 20% or maybe more of my own posts contain some form of levelling in them.

I have to say that I really enjoy reading boards including some other sections as well but I consider myself a poker forum dude and hope to be here for a very long time.

I'm up for any leveling that may happen now. Bring it on!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Biggirl

This is Biggirl's 7th post here. Before i started reading these threads 2 days ago, I used always overrate pocket aces preflop. Now, I'm a wiser girl. You may say, I'm a big girl now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ramiriquez

Biggirl wrote: »
    This is Biggirl's 7th post here. Before i started reading these threads 2 days ago, I used always overrate pocket aces preflop. Now, I'm a wiser girl. You may say, I'm a big girl now.

Who is this fruitloop? Congrats on the 1000th eagle eye

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

wp nh gg
    i look forward to your story on post 2000 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Congrats on your 1000th post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭davidgti

great post man Congrats wd:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

lol at the congrats, doesnt allinstevie have like 20 posts or something??

I didnt know you were previously Mr. Flash, wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

For those of us not around for the Mr Flash era, can we get cliff notes? Or is it a case of don't mention the war?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=82145
    havent read the posts but thought id link ye anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

congrats - i like the bit were you said you where less useless then you used to be. some good points about the theory. Heres to another 1000.

gl

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Jools Poker

nice post Flash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

eagle eye wrote: »

I remember meeting goodluck2me who told me he was Lazare at the time but admitted in Galway that it was not that case.

The first time I met goodluck2me he told me he was Mr.Flash:D

*not a level*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

flash1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

OMG Eagle eye = MrFlash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

Biggirl wrote: »

A W E S O M E !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭mormank

same as nicnicnic. eagle eye = mrflash. wow!!! at least if its the same mrflash im thinkin of...very good post tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

i.knew.it

If i was arsed id look for a quote of me saying this ages ago. you're not the worst flashy, seemed a decent guy in waterford.

The truth about Mr. Flash at last eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Wow, had no idea it was Mr.Flash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Wow, wp eagle eye (if that is your real name!).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Good post. I agree that AllinStevies MTT advice is always invaluable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

I don't remember meeting you or a KQ hand in a cash game. I don't even remember playing much cash down there at all! Edit: dont' remember any hand involving 22 either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

I don't remember meeting you or a KQ hand in a cash game. I don't even remember playing much cash down there at all! Edit: dont' remember any hand involving 22 either

maybe adderal can help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

probably remembered it like "i had a set and..." as all your stories seem to be. Eight sets beaten in 2 sessions in Vegas...

Advertisement