Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems Downloading

Options
  • 23-05-2008 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

I've recently downloaded Limewire and Azureus but I haven't been able to download anything..
    I think it might be down to my Firewall, but I don't know...

The problem in Limewire is that it's won't connect.....It is always 'Connecting'...

Does't anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks for any replys...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

More than likely your firewall. What do you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

I use Avira Premium Security Suite.....I've also noticed that my windows firewall keeps closing on restart as well...

Hmmm...I'm not familiar with Avira. Presumably there is a section for programs that are allowed/blocked from using the internet, have a look for that and see what it says about Limewire, or if it's not on the list at all, add it to the allowed programs.

As for Windows Firewall, if you open that up and click the exceptions tab you should again find Limewire somewhere on that list, with a ticked box next to it. If not, add it. Then restart and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Mirror wrote: »
    Hmmm...I'm not familiar with Avira. Presumably there is a section for programs that are allowed/blocked from using the internet, have a look for that and see what it says about Limewire, or if it's not on the list at all, add it to the allowed programs.

As for Windows Firewall, if you open that up and click the exceptions tab you should again find Limewire somewhere on that list, with a ticked box next to it. If not, add it. Then restart and try again.
    I've not uninstalled Limewire and replaced it with MP3 Rocket....however the same problem is occuring.
    I've made sure that both Windows and Avira Firewall's are allowing them...Still not working though.

I've heard that my ISP may be blocking the ports....Any way of fixing this?

Yep, find out what ports the use and go to portforward.com for details on how to forward them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement