Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What poker site to use.

Options
  • 23-05-2008 3:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

Ok so i'm thinking of starting to play poker online but I dont know which site to use. Does anyone have recommendations for sites. Thanks.

Sorry if this has already been asked but I done a serch and could not see anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

I play pokerstars a lot its good, was wondering could anyone answer which site has the smallest minimum buy in

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

Cheers will give it a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

you did a search and found nothing?? what did you enter into the search??

semibluff wrote: »

"Best poker sites" But did not see any recomendations on here. So I just wanted to know what sites people on here use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Someone should create a sticky for this maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

If you like playing mtt's, the one on Poker Stars get huge numbers. If you run well there a big return for small stakes but you could be playing for up to 7 or 8 hours if you FT.
    Paddy Power/Green Joker Poker are skins of ipoker. They also have good variety in mtt's but not as many players so tourneys dont take as long to run off.
    The likes of Irish Eyes is on the 24h network. They dont have the same variety in tourneys but their numbers are smaller again so tourneys are run off in like 3-4 hours.

If its cash games your after, I'm not really qualified to advise you on what sites are better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭yeah-buddy

curry-muff wrote: »
    I play pokerstars a lot its good, was wondering could anyone answer which site has the smallest minimum buy in
    boylepoker have 10 cent sit and go's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Pokerstars is definitely the best all round site.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Ladbrokes is now in 3D. How can we resist?

Thanks for that wil give them sites a look. Might see ye on the tables.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

connie147 wrote: »
    Paddy Power/Green Joker Poker are skins of ipoker. They also have good variety in mtt's but not as many players so tourneys dont take as long to run off.

Is iPoker not the 2nd largest pokerroom online? I'd say it's much of a muchness between iPoker, Party, Stars and Tilt anyway. The reason tournaments don't take as long to finish on iPoker compared to Stars is their structures are alot worse for tournaments, they become awful crapshoots and so are over sooner. You have to balance that off against the fact that by in large the standard in these tournaments is alot softer, though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

I have played on every site/network whether it be in sng, cash or mtt's and imo FullTilt is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Ipoker is 3rd biggest network although it's catching full tilt. God knows why.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Slash/ED wrote: »
    Is iPoker not the 2nd largest pokerroom online? I'd say it's much of a muchness between iPoker, Party, Stars and Tilt anyway. The reason tournaments don't take as long to finish on iPoker compared to Stars is their structures are alot worse for tournaments, they become awful crapshoots and so are over sooner. You have to balance that off against the fact that by in large the standard in these tournaments is alot softer, though.

stars is way way bigger than ipoker, as was party before the regulation bs

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Stars is defo the best;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭DBC2007

gjp has great rakeback....plus it and bluesq have constant 10cent freeroles and lots of small stakes sng as well if you are playing small stakes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

DBC2007 wrote: »
    gjp has great rakeback....plus it and bluesq have constant 10cent freeroles and lots of small stakes sng as well if you are playing small stakes.

lol noob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Betfair imo has the largest amount of fishy players but their new software tilts me so bad so I don't play there.
    Other than betfair, I'd say iPoker is the way to go for cash and Stars for tourneys.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,517 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

dcukhunter wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been asked but I done a serch and could not see anything.
    semibluff wrote: »
    dcukhunter wrote: »
    "Best poker sites" But did not see any recomendations on here. So I just wanted to know what sites people on here use.

I did that search with and without the "" and got millions of results.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I did that search with and without the "" and got millions of results.

On boards? There is a bit about poker sites but not much on what people would recommened or what site they use.

• Advertisement

off topic-ak47 i might be a noob to baords but at least im not a knob like you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

yea but theres some things you shouldnt be saying...wild assumptions!

sticks and stones may break my bones but names shall never hurt me ... lol....tw@t

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Pathetic.

can you please explain what these assumptions are:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement