Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online Poker

Options
  • 22-05-2008 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Does anyone know where I can run an online poker game for a few lads I know around the country .
    We want to have the option of a password so that it would just be between us.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

Pokerstars run private rooms, no idea how to set them up though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

56K Natas wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can run an online poker game for a few lads I know around the country .
    We want to have the option of a password so that it would just be between us.

i have no idea but if u get it can u post how you got it, ive wanted to do this before too

Actually wouldn't be a bad idea to have a boards tournament would it? Like a tenner in at the end of every month?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

Tight Ted wrote: »
    Actually wouldn't be a bad idea to have a boards tournament would it? Like a tenner in at the end of every month?

that was one of the reasons i wanted it :D:D:D

and maybe a weekly one with a leaderboard going every month or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

On stars to create a private tourny:

Email Support@pokerstars.com and ask them to activate the Private Tourny Option. Once that's done, go to Requests in the main lobby and you can create a tourny.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Tight Ted wrote: »

Been done lots of times. Regular events have failed due to lack of interest after the first few months. Every year though generally there is a BSOP (boards series of poker).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

idk if u still can, but u used to be to be set up private cash tables on party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭rrtt

i have set them up on party and the ongame network. im sure it can be done on many sites.

the rake is a killer.

You may or not know that signing a player to a poker site guarantees a % of their rake for life . Therefore it is difficult to get independent advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭djsctt

rrtt wrote: »

You may or not know that signing a player to a poker site guarantees a % of their rake for life . Therefore it is difficult to get independent advise.

Are you referring to the advice in this thread ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

On all the OnGame (Mansion, Red Kings, etc) rooms you can easily create your own tourneys in two seconds...very easy and no need to contact support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Do you have to pay monies for the privelige on Stars?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cokedrinker

zuutroy wrote: »
    Do you have to pay monies for the privelige on Stars?

Think you just need a certain amount of vip points or whatever they are on stars

rrtt wrote: »
    i have set them up on party and the ongame network. im sure it can be done on many sites.

the rake is a killer.

Hmm...maybe I can exploit this and actually make some money out of this poker malarchy!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

I did this the other night on Stars to arrange me heads-up matches. Pretty easy actually, emailed support with how long i had been playing etc and they enabled the feature within minutes.

Advertisement