Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Since i am here - 04 Almera

Options
  • 22-05-2008 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

I need a car for day to day travelling and was offered a 04 1.5 Almera 30k on clock, with all the standard trimmings etc. Are these a good car, any known problems etc, seems like a pretty good deal. Any info appreciated. NCT'D till 2010 etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

empirix wrote: »
    I need a car for day to day travelling and was offered a 04 1.5 Almera 30k on clock, with all the standard trimmings etc. Are these a good car, any known problems etc, seems like a pretty good deal. Any info appreciated. NCT'D till 2010 etc.

How much and is it saloon or hatch?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

there are a few different trims available on the Almera, given that they're chronicly hard to sell for decent money, I'd be aiming for a SXE or SVE model and no less.

known issues include gearbox problems, sticky rear brakes, headlights melting and going out of focus, and timing chain issues (shouldn't apply to a 30km car yet) and CD players going wonky

Most Almeras don't have ABS or side airbags, aim for a model with both.

It should also be noted that the Almera has the most infuriatingly complicated heating system known to man, and to make things worse, the heater buttons also control the stereo. Makes sense in the Primera, but the way they adapted the system to fit the Almera is ridiculous.

Bargain hard, there's no shortage of low mileage Almeras and Primeras out there if you look, and given that the Almera is a 1.5 and the Primera is 1.6, I'd be looking at Primeras too.

Advertisement