Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fitting remote central locking kit

Options
  • 22-05-2008 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Am looking at buying a cheap kit from e bay but was wondering if you know of anyone that could fit it for me?
    dublin kildare area

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

They're very easy if you have even a basic ability to use tools. I got one off ebay and had the drivers door done on my van in about 25 mins (got distracted and ever done the passenger side :) but sure I never use that side anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Got a kit off ebay last year and got it fitted by an auto-electrician in Kilkenny for €80.

Very happy with it so far, the make is Scorpion by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

The wiring side of it is fairly simple with the kits, +12,-ground, and colour to colour on the actuators.The fiddly part depending on the car is where to mount the actuators in the doors to make sure there clear of the door card or window itself

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Scooby_Doo

I have one that I bought and never got around to fitting mate if your interested?? Brand new in box. Pm me if u want it!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Did one once, about 15 yrs ago, worked for a while but ended up a complete disaster, avoid would be my recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

it's all down to the fitting, if you can mount the actuator body securely on the door, keep the connectong rods straight and strong, and join the rod from the actuator to the right part of the door mechanism, and at the same time, not make a balls of the wiring, then you're not going to have problems. the most difficult bit is deciding where to mount the actuators so that the door trim doesn't impede the movement of the connecting rods.

Advertisement