Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EyeOnZ Public Social Bookmarking

Options
  • 22-05-2008 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

:)Want to help me betatest this new exciting website? You're going to love contributing to this exciting cutting edge project. So, BugMe:D http://eyeonz.com/bugme.jsp. I can;t wait to see you in there. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

2 things that strike me...

There's nothing very social about it (at least I couldn't see any obvious social aspect to it .. it's a Bookmark aggregator / web service, no?)

The design/theme needs work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

cgarvey wrote: »
    The design/theme needs work

I agree. It reminds me of something from the 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What is social bookmarking? It looks like a big fancy rss feed.

Incidentally it's "category" not 'catagory', I see you have a jsp page titled that way. It may help with google to spell it right.

A couple of questions:
    1) Why am I going to love contributing to that site?
    2) Why do you only post adverts to your sites/podcasts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Siriquelle

@cgarvey: Your right there's nothing special or new there. I wanted to mash
    together some stuff I liked from shoutwire and digg and learn some AJAX too.

I made the posting process public though.

http://eyeonz.com/post.jsp

So anyone can post and you don't have to register if you don't want to. I'm going to add post tagging to the system too so that you can track your links even if your not registered or signed in and state weather they'll be public or private. It's still in beta.:)

This was my first web project and for the exposure I got to web programming alone made it a worth while project.

Thanks for the comment, I know, the design looks like it was inspired by a dirty supermax napkin stained with the overspill from the last glass in a large box of the cheapest wine. I'm more of a programmer than a designer. :D

@dublindude: I agree the design is rank, it kind of makes me seasick. :eek:
    Looks like tabled layout via CSS but again I'm consciously more into the functionality than the look.

@Gordon: Social bookmarking??!! I'm all gasped out, I think ill take a break (·
    · · — — — · · ·) digg.com / del.icio.us / reddit.com / to get you started.

1) Why am I going to love contributing to that site? This is a hook to get you interested in the idea even if you don't know what social bookmarking is this should temp you to follow the link anyways.(thanks for the comment)

2) Why do you only post adverts to your sites/podcast? YOU post adverts or links to YOUR favorite posts and podcast and videos and pictures etc. online. So you can track your bookmarks across multiple browsers while at the same time discovering new and wonderful networked media that the rest of the community has contributed.
    @all thanks for posting, It's good to get feedback of any kind and I
    appreciate the honesty. Oh, and @Gordon, category-shmatagory. :p
    thanks again.

James

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Siriquelle wrote: »

@Gordon: Social bookmarking??!! I'm all gasped out, I think ill take a break (· · · — — — · · ·) digg.com / del.icio.us / reddit.com / to get you started.

1) Why am I going to love contributing to that site? This is a hook to get you interested in the idea even if you don't know what social bookmarking is this should temp you to follow the link anyways.(thanks for the comment)
    But why will I love contributing to the site?
    2) Why do you only post adverts to your sites/podcast? YOU post adverts or links to YOUR favorite posts and podcast and videos and pictures etc. online. So you can track your bookmarks across multiple browsers while at the same time discovering new and wonderful networked media that the rest of the community has contributed.
    Sorry, I should have made myself clearer. Why is it that the only posts you make on boards.ie (you:Siriquelle) are posts that advertise YOUR websites/podcasts? Why is it that you want us to contribute to the content of your site but you don't contribute to this site apart from telling this site about your site?

It's almost like you're.. spamming. You know?

• Advertisement
Advertisement