Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

05 mondeo

Options
  • 22-05-2008 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying my friends 05 mondeo 1.8 liter car. Will the road tax on this car increase in July with the new rules or will it still be the same as it is now?

Cheers,
    Ted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

It will stay the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Because it is already registered in Ireland, it will not be affected.

New rules only apply (mostly) to cars bought new from 1 july 08 or cars imported on or after that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭outsidethe65

Spot on lads. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

maoleary wrote: »
    Because it is already registered in Ireland, it will not be affected.

New rules only apply (mostly) to cars bought new from 1 july 08 or cars imported on or after that date.

Nope, imports older than 2008 will remain taxed on the current engine based system. The VRT rate will be based on Co2 levels alright.

I think the only exception is if the import is a big polluter which will automatically go into the €2,000 per year bracket afaik.

Advertisement