Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can it happen?

Options
  • 22-05-2008 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭

Honestly, what could be the chances of some kind of occurance that makes people go 28 Days Later or, hopefully never, Dawn Of The Dead? Y'know, spread through the whole biting or saliva thing.

I always wondered what the possibility could be. Dear God, I hope there isn't a zombie research centre somewhere. We all know what'll happen there; Mad scientist goes too far, one zombie breaks free and ends up infecting the entire planet.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Honestly, what could be the chances of some kind of occurance that makes people go 28 Days Later or, hopefully never, Dawn Of The Dead? Y'know, spread through the whole biting or saliva thing.

I always wondered what the possibility could be. Dear God, I hope there isn't a zombie research centre somewhere. We all know what'll happen there; Mad scientist goes too far, one zombie breaks free and ends up infecting the entire planet.

It's already begun. Look at Limerick*

*Insert favourite city to insult here

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

Yes it can....and if my grasp of probability and statistics is as good as i know it is......it 124.9% will happen.

cant paraphrase this here in work but have a read.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15643_5-scientific-reasons-zombie-apocalypse-could-actually-happen.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Well hopefully we'll be prepared by frequenting this forum before any outbreaks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

If it happens, i hope zombies arent too noisy. Its hard enough to sleep without hearing grr, Rarrrr all through the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Well something causing dead animals to reanimate is beyond impossible but a virus/diesease that makes peopele crazy and homicidal is something different altogether. Of course that doesn't matter though, as if it's not dead than it aint a zombie :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Cdub

My main concern is whether zombies could operate chippers or not. The day I can't get my hands on a dinner box smothered in salt and vinegar with quality crispy chicken inside, the zombies can have me..

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

Its not a matter of 'if' its a matter of 'when'

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Creature wrote: »
    Well something causing dead animals to reanimate is beyond impossible but a virus/diesease that makes peopele crazy and homicidal is something different altogether. Of course that doesn't matter though, as if it's not dead than it aint a zombie :).
    Reanimating is unlikely but hijacking a living organism happens all the time. While the original host is for all intensive purposes a dead husk it is just a vehicle for another organism.

The problem as I see it with the virus theory is that virus make you sick and kill you, you wouldn't get active zombies all you'd get is sick people lying all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

There's clearly secret government labs bent on resurrecting 4 year old threads!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    There's clearly secret government labs bent on resurrecting 4 year old threads!
    either that or cdub is searching for all of creatures posts!

• Advertisement
Advertisement