Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxer Shedding Hair

Options
  • 22-05-2008 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭

Hi, i have a boxer pup, 7 months, and my god the amount of hair she sheds!! If she is up on the couch, which is luckily leather, i have to hoover it after it, there is literally loads of hair on the couch. Is this normal? I didnt think she would shed this much seeing as she is a short haired dog.
    Edited to say i have started brushing her now every day and its still not helping.
    Have i got to grin and bear it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

shes prob losing her puppy coat. and yes short hair dogs shed. i have a rottweiler and didnt think they would shed as much as they do but its mad when hes shedding its all over the house in lumps. you cant sweep it just hoover coz if you sweep it just ends up everywhere.
    Keep an eye, you can try adding some oil in the feed to help with quality of the coat. i feed pure salmon oil to my fella and everyone comments on how nice it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Intothesea

Hi. Another trick you could use is a
    'shedding blade', like this one:

http://www.gundogsonline.com/dog-grooming-supplies/dog-shedding-blade.html

Failing that a brush that captures the looser
    undercoat hairs before they get the chance to
    give your couch a new look might be a good
    idea. I'd carry out the brushing outside, to keep
    it even cleaner. Hope that helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

I find that my king charles sheds so much more than any other dog I have had. I have trained her to let me hoover her with the hand vax. She loves it now and its much handier then hoovering the whole house everyday. Also, bathing them in water or letting them have a swim on the beach gets loads of hair off her and she doesn't shed as much for a couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 jenjo23

these are supposed to be great I've heard, I'm going to get one.

http://www.furminator.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭teacherspet

put on a pair of rubber gloves and bring her outside. Rub her coat quickley all over. The static will loosen up any dead hair. Then wipe her down with a damp cloth. Takes about 5 minutes. This will cut down on unwanted hair.
    Good luck

• Advertisement
Advertisement