Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Word coding

Options
  • 22-05-2008 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭

EDIT: CRISIS OVER LOL!!

I really didn't know where to put this but i need help!

Earlier today I saved a version of a word document onto my hotmail. This was written in the new version of word.

I am now in an internet cafe in town and cannot open said document correctly. It simply asks me to select the encoding that makes my document readable from a list. None of the options work.

This internet cafe uses the slightly older version of word.

Are there any solutions? Am I correct in thinking that the new word uses encoding that the old word doesn't recognise? If so what can I do? If not, what can I do!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

New version = docx?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Indeed. Word 2007 saves documents in a new docx format by default. You can change it to save in the legacy doc format by default in the system options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Yeah.... Does that help?

I'm a computer tard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

If it is a docx file use a site like this http://www.docx2doc.com/ to convert the the file to .doc which should work on the older version of office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Thanks keen. Can't access them for 24 hours though. Are there any other sites or ways that I can convert this that I can get it now?

Thanks though!

Edit: I found an alternative site in www.zamzar.com. Thanks everyone for the help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement