Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hand/Foot Pumps for Air Rifle Cylinders

Options
  • 22-05-2008 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭

Have seen these about and am wondering are they sufficient to fill an air rifle cylinder without the use of an air compressor or dive tank.

Something like this is what I'm thinking of.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

Have seen these about and am wondering are they sufficient to fill an air rifle cylinder without the use of an air compressor or dive tank.

Something like this is what I'm thinking of.

Im not sure if that would do your job , but i know that B.S.A made one
    for their B.S.A SUPER TEN so try googling that and you might see if the spec is similar, i would imagine the fitting would be the problem though.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Cheers Foxshooter. I'd be thinking for a match air rifle more than a hunting one. Not entirely sure what fittings I wold need. I shall have to consult with those in the know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I had pumps for both my PCPs

work perfectly but they are not cheap and had one for each rifle, could probably have got away with one and some different fittings but having one for each was easier

Your heart will be pumping a lot faster and it takes a decent amount of strength to fill it so I'd take a break before firing any shots

Vegeta wrote: »
    I had pumps for both my PCPs

work perfectly but they are not cheap and had one for each rifle, could probably have got away with one and some different fittings but having one for each was easier

Your heart will be pumping a lot faster and it takes a decent amount of strength to fill it so I'd take a break before firing any shots

Cheers Vegeta, that's good to know. So assuming I can find ones with fittings to for a match air rifle cylinder, it's a go. I have an air compressor around, but I don't think it has a filter, so probably not the best way to do it.

Still not entirely set on getting an air rifle, but doing the homework for this beats studying for exams. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

I have an air compressor around, but I don't think it has a filter, so probably not the best way to do it.

Pressures on these PCP air rifles get up to around 3000psi ... none of your standard garage type air compressors will be strong enough. Dive shops have the proper compressors and can fill Scuba tanks for you .. The tanks need to be certified and handled safely too.

look here ..

Hills .. also do a foot pump for air rifles Link here Much huffing and puffing involved , but they do work.
    You will find they are also a handy work out tool as you pump :)

The correct fittings and adaptors can be ordered from the manufacturers of the air rifle.

Some of the people on here more accustomed to air rifles will give you more details im sure.

• Advertisement

jaycee wrote: »
    Pressures on these PCP air rifles get up to around 3000psi ... none of your standard garage type air compressors will be strong enough. Dive shops have the proper compressors and can fill Scuba tanks for you .. The tanks need to be certified and handled safely too.

look here ..

Hills .. also do a foot pump for air rifles Link here Much huffing and puffing involved , but they do work.
    You will find they are also a handy work out tool as you pump :)

The correct fittings and adaptors can be ordered from the manufacturers of the air rifle.

Some of the people on here more accustomed to air rifles will give you more details im sure.

Cheers jaycee. The compressor power would also have been an issue I thought alright. Wasn't planning to use it anyway. If fittings can be ordered, that's handy enough. I'd have access to a couple of scuba tanks, but it'd be handy to have the pump so I wouldn't be short when I couldn't get to any of the various tanks.

And on that note, how does a Feinwerkbau P70 for €775 strike anyone? :p Decent price? It seems to be as new, comes in the original packing box and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

i've a pump for one air rifle, not too much effort to get them up to pressure takes a few minutes.but you wouldn't want to do it on a day your going at targets
    Bryan

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

I have a bottle for my pcp. its small - around a three litre coke bottle size. filling takes 30 secs. and i get 100 shots a fill.

Advertisement