Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ford mondeo 1.8 diesel

Options
  • 22-05-2008 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭

really like this car and think i might buy it. a little worried about ford and reliability. have always had boring jap cars. had a test drive and am smitten. its really a lovely cat to drive and door is great. any opinions folks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Wife bought a diesel S-Max at the beginning of the year, same mechanicals as the Mondeo (although it's a 2 litre). It's our first Ford. Nothings fallen off yet, no niggly things to drag us back to the dealer, it just does what it says on the tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think modern Fords are a good deal more reliable than their 90's siblings, and parts are usually cheap enough for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The only thing to watch out for is injectors on TDCi models. They'd be highly unlikely to go before 80k miles though if they do go. Though the injectors for the TDCi engines are made by the same people who make injectors for Toyota, so you can make of that what you will.

Ford parts are usually dirt cheap. Just remember if you're buying new to buy in July so as to save on the VRT, and the Mondeo ECOnetic uses the exact same engine but gets into 16% VRT rather than 20% VRT that the standard model does, which means a lower purchase price and €150 rather than €390 road tax in July too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭john1963

thanks folks, appreciate the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

some of the mid 90s one had fuel pump probs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

old boy wrote: »
    some of the mid 90s one had fuel pump probs

Well thats mighty helpful. Mid 90's were 13 yrs ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

Churchy wrote: »
    Well thats mighty helpful. Mid 90's were 13 yrs ago.
    OP never actually stated that it was a new Mondeo he was considering to purchase, mid 90's Mondeos had 1.8 diesel engines too!

Besides, oldboy's comment was a hell of a lot more helpful than yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

E92 wrote: »
    Though the injectors for the TDCi engines are made by the same people who make injectors for Toyota, so you can make of that what you will.

I could well be wrong, but I thought that the D-4D injectors were Denso with the TDCi injectors being Delphi?

Advertisement