Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokerstars Thinks I am Up to Something

Options
  • 22-05-2008 1:14am

I received this email 30 mins ago

Hello Keith,

Thank you for your email. As part of a routine security check it has come to our attention that you are related to 'toadbob' and 'C.S.M.F'. We would appreciate it if you could explain your relation to these players.

Since we have to make sure that you are not the same person as 'toadbob'
    and 'C.S.M.F', we would like to ask you that you please provide us with a clear photocopy of your driver's license or other government issued photo ID (front and back).

Please scan or make a digital photo of your ID (front and back) and send it to security@pokerstars.com, or fax to:

PokerStars
    Attn: Security
    Fax: +506-2295-6860 (international)
    Fax: 1-800-631-9050 (U.S. & Canada)

Please ensure that if you are sending this via fax that you clearly write your username on the page.

If you require further assistance do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best Regards,

Sebastian
    PokerStars Security Team

I have sent the following response

Dear Sebastian,

To begin with let me say I was shocked to receive this email. Firstly I have never, despite your opening line in the email to which I am replying, emailed your security department as I have never had reason to.

Secondly, I have neither knowledge of, nor a relationship with either "C.S.M.F" or "toadbob" and would appreciate an explanation regarding the nature of your accusation.

Given the propensity of identity theft via electronic media I hope you appreciate that I will not be sending a copy of my driver's licence until I receive the information which has led you to this erroneous accusation. If, at that point, I feel your original email has been sent with due regard to a legitimate point of contention then I shall send on any details necessary in order to clear up this matter.

I hope to hear from you expediently.

Yours,

Keith Rooney

Anyone have any ideas why they would send this?

Connie thinks I am a superuser :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Go on the english degree :D

You like the tone of my reply Roadsweeper?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Its well wriien to be hopnest. :P

Its well wriien to be hopnest. :P

Wp sir:cool:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I hope nobody would reply to a message like this!!

If you really are concerned you should go to pokerstars site, find their security email address and mail them directly as a new mail.

DeV.

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote: »
    I hope nobody would reply to a message like this!!

If you really are concerned you should go to pokerstars site, find their security email address and mail them directly as a new mail.

DeV.

Actually I think it's legitimate Dev. The only reason I think this is because I got the email immediately after having problems receiving a stake from Connie. It would not process. I obviously would not send my details without confirmation that it was the actual Stars security team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

I'd send stars what they asked for, but only because they're Stars and super-trustworthy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

The boys good at english alright

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

All that legal mumbo jumbo knowledge, and you still get caught Keith,
    For shame

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Dear Keith,
    We have a team of translators working in shifts around the clock to establish what language your response was written in. When we assertain this we will respond immediatley.
    Pokerstars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

This is good to see poker sites doing these checks, even if they are wrong on this occasion.

This is good to see poker sites doing these checks, even if they are wrong on this occasion.

Couldn't agree more.

Got a very nice email this morning clearing the whole issue up. I logged into my a/c from a public computer which had been used by the other accounts recently and they were checking up on it. They have re-opened my account and, just for jbravado, I can confirm that after an extensive review they have agreed to hire translators for all future correspondence with me.:rolleyes:

jbravado wrote: »
    Dear Keith,
    We have a team of translators working in shifts around the clock to establish what language your response was written in. When we assertain this we will respond immediatley.
    Pokerstars.

Oh, the irony. (ascertain sammy, ascertain)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

pretty standard email you received i recived somethin similar a while ago too, good to see there on the ball as well....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

email them back asking as a good will gesture, ticket for sunday mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    The boys good at english alright imo

FYP!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭mormank

i had a pretty long running problem with them two months ago when i just received a cash transfer from someone under investigation. got it sorted tho. never even considered the mails could be bogus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I got the exact same e-mail a few weeks ago. I don't have a drivers license and am refusing to send a copy of my birth cert. Since then my Stars a/c has been closed till I resolve the matter.

...........And no I'm not a superuser.

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    The boys good at english alright

My hero: Sir Humphrey Appleby

• Advertisement
Advertisement