Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Science Notes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

conorod wrote: »
    I know it's a bit late(2 weeks to the exams) but I found a site with science notes that I have actually found quite useful for revision. They are all completely free but you can make a donation, and they also have pay-per-click ads.

ooooookay.....

Feel like sharing it with us or are you keeping it a secret ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭conorod

ooh sorry. I posted this on 2 forums so when I copied it I must have left out the final line. Sorry

It's up now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 shantow

would you say you could get a B off these notes?

If you know them, definately! Learn the experiments aswell and you could get an A.
    Do you think this site would do well if it was developed further(i.e. more subjects added, etc.)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 shantow

definately:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Do you think this site would do well if it was developed further(i.e. more subjects added, etc.)?

You mean you have something to do with the site and didn't just 'find' it?
    Why not be straight from the start?

Oh, right.
    Basically I copied and pasted this post in a number of forums, and i said that i "found" it so i would get unbiased opinions on it. The reason for that is that I have notes on several subjects, and could develop it, if people were interested. I would edit the original post if i could, but I cant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

Oh, right.
    Basically I copied and pasted this post in a number of forums, and i said that i "found" it so i would get unbiased opinions on it. The reason for that is that I have notes on several subjects, and could develop it, if people were interested. I would edit the original post if i could, but I cant.

Them notes are brilliant and i would love to see it developed, are you doing the junior cert now? I would love to see subjects like history and english (sample answers for poetry etc) and even better would be to extend it to leaving certificate subjects and have some method so that people can submit their own notes to the website. Its a very good idea and could really catch on by word of mouth. I'd be very interested in giving you a hand with the site, i'll pm you.
    Coming up to exam times it would be really useful to be able to print off short revision notes exam tips etc. Good idea.

Posted via Mobile Device

The site was down for a while but it is back up now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Thanks a lot for this site :). It helped me a good bit in my approach to the exams.

Thanks.
    I plan to move to a better host and develop the site a bit more (add subjects, revision qs etc.).

I have now set up a revision quiz with questions covering the entire course. Please try it and give feedback or report any problems.
    I am also working on notes for more subjects. When I can afford a domain name and hosting I will move the site and upload them.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

Sweet nice share dude! That's just what I needed.

Thanks for the feedback:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Gaeilge-go-deo

Oh, right.

Subjects...? What other ones is there.. They're really handy!:)

I will hopefully have notes on more subjects soon.
    When I do I will move the site and post the new URL here.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

with regards to the science notes - no way in the world could someone get a B with just these notes - i think you are giving false hope to previous posters there. the jc science exam is all about application of knowledge, and uses a vast array of diagrams (of which there are none) - it has moved away from the use of 'definitions' alone for many years.

Advertisement