Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Checking when the PC was last turned off/on

Options
  • 21-05-2008 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭

Lads is there anyway I can check when last my PC was turned off and then on again?

I left my laptop on today as I was downloading some software and when I came home it was stuck on the Welcome/Password screen.

Dunno who was at it and it wouldn 't normally do this...

I'm using Windows Vista and ain't sure if there's a logger for this kind of thing.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

The login comes up in event viewer.

Vista

Start > Search Bar (type "event viewer") and under Windows Logs > Applications > Now look for "winlogin".

It could have been an automatic update that disrupted your download and turned your PC off automatically. After update, normally there is a pop-up saying the PC will restart in twenty mins etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

It could also have been some vista issue.. I left my laptop on for a few hours downloading last week and when I came back it was at login screen, I logged in and it told me It had just recovered from a serious error blah blah..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Fabio

I'm just about to take a look there now. I hadn't thought about it being a Vista issue itself so maybe I'm being a touch paranoid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Redisle wrote: »
    It could also have been some vista issue.. I left my laptop on for a few hours downloading last week and when I came back it was at login screen, I logged in and it told me It had just recovered from a serious error blah blah..

This used to constantly happen to me as well - it was so incredibly frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Open Task Manger
    Select View
    Select Colums
    Tick CPU Time

If you look for the System Idle process the CPU time shoudl give you a good indication of how long its been up without a restart!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement