Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please recommend me a cheap multi-region DVD player

Options
  • 21-05-2008 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I purchased a DVD box set in error as its Region1.

Rather than send it back i would like to get a cheap multi region DVD player, i took a look in the shops and none of them seem to state on the box that they are multi region.

Please can someone advise me what chap multiregion player i should purchase?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

did you look for a multi-region hack for your existing machine? What make/model is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

They won't say on the box that they are multi region - they're not allowed (AFAIK) except in duty-free shops.

Most can be made region free by just entering a key sequence. Tell your current make and model number and maybe people can let you know if it can be made region free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Sorry for delay been really busy.

It's actually a Sony DVD recorder and it's model number is: RDR-GX 120

Gratefull for some help.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

It would be a Sony.... The one company that makes it very awkward to region hack.

This hack works for a lot of Sonys BUT you need a remote which can send special infra-red codes. The hack recommends a One4All remote. A friend of mine used a Palm Pilot.

Advertisement