Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BR Requirement for 4-Tabling HU SNG's

Options
  • 21-05-2008 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

What should your BR Requirement be for 4-tabling HU SNG's online.
    Whats the difference between this and say cash/mtt BR requirements. I know for mtt a conservative BR Plan is 100 x the buyin. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Van Dice

you don't need a whole lot for HU SnGs. I'd imagine 20 buy-ins is fine, you could get away with less I'm sure, but erring on the cautious side is never going to be a mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Yeh as long as you rop down if things go bad. In general there are some really bad HU players in SnGs. If you are willing to play O8 then you really need only 5 buy-ins to 4 table. Its really that bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

I got this from a poker news mag a few months ago

SnG ... BR

$10+1 ... $440
    $20+2 ... $880
    $30+3 ... $1320
    $50+5 ... $2200
    $100+10 ... $4400

Basically it recommends 40 buy in's at all levels due to the really high variance that comes with SnG's

I play Sng's alot and I reckon you could get away with less, say 30 buy in's as it's rare that you'll go for long periods without cashing (unless your really getting coolered / playing bad etc) especially at the 6 seaters

gl with it though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Not sure for HU but for 6max sitngos 15-20 games without cashing is definitely possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

This has been pretty well covered mathematically, google ruin probability and you'll find plenty about it.

Basically the probability of ruin is (q/p)^n
    q = probability of losing
    p = probability of winning
    n = no buyins you have

Here's an example - this assumes no reg fee, and you don't move down levels, if you do you need even less

Win Rate 55%

No Buyins Prob Ruin
    5 37%
    6 30%
    7 25%
    8 20%
    9 16%
    10 13%
    11 11%
    12 9%
    13 7%
    14 6%
    15 5%
    16 4%
    17 3%
    18 3%
    19 2%
    20 2%

• Advertisement

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    Not sure for HU but for 6max sitngos 15-20 games without cashing is definitely possible

Ah HU sng's....meh misread OP

15-20 6 seaters ??? don't think I've ever gone that long withouth cashing tbh, but yeah say it could be if things were going really really bad,

I think knowing when to quit when playing sng's is a big advantage to you as well and would reduce the chance of going for long periods without cashing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

The Al Lad wrote: »
    15-20 6 seaters ??? don't think I've ever gone that long withouth cashing tbh, but yeah say it could be if things were going really really bad,

I have its great craic

I don't know about HU sitngoes but I imagine if you get the standard requirements for 2 man stts and double it for 4 man

nicnicnic wrote: »
    I have its great craic

I don't know about HU sitngoes but I imagine if you get the standard requirements for 2 man stts and double it for 4 man

Yeah it's ok for you though...your loaded:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

Van Dice wrote: »
    you don't need a whole lot for HU SnGs. I'd imagine 20 buy-ins is fine, you could get away with less I'm sure, but erring on the cautious side is never going to be a mistake

i love you dicey but this is bad advice

need more?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭shaffrey

after playing a lot of sngs over 2 years 20 is nowhere near enough.
    at the lower stakes 40 should be ok but once you get to 55s+ you need to have 100 bis if you dont want to deposit again. the variance can be sickening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

Van Dice wrote: »
    need more?

yes but not about poker

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

The Al Lad wrote: »
    Ah HU sng's....meh misread OP

I think knowing when to quit when playing sng's is a big advantage to you as well and would reduce the chance of going for long periods without cashing

that doesnt make sense at all, yes you mght cash once and then lose 3 on thr trot and then cash again lose 5 and so on thats why you need at least 15-20 imo.

i play alot of heads up and i usully have 20 buy ins minimum and its fairly safe, 4 tabling heads up is very difficult in my opinion not enough time to work your opponent out just quick decision after quick decision and lowers the rational thinking in my opinion, i only play 1 heads up game at a time maybe 2 but i tend to lose this way as opposed to consistently winning one at a time!!

Advertisement