Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pedigree Kitten-how much?

Options
  • 21-05-2008 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine is interested in buying a pedigree kitten (persian,birman or ragdoll). Any idea of how much a kitten would cost. I guessed at >€500, would that be right? And..yes..he already got the lecture about adopting a kitten from a shelter!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

it a bit tad expensive for a cat but dont try to buy them from advertising sites,eg done deal and others.Get one from an good breeder.I found a site for you that might appeal to you.
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~sabcci/frameset.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

That is about average, the more popular ones may be slightly less.

It is important as with dogs to do the research and take a lot of care about where you buy from. I highly recommend they get in touch with SABCCI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I know of a good cat breeder in Co Limerick if you are down that way. Siamese and long haired etc. .

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

A persian will set you back any where between 750 to 1500. Be very careful as there can be some shoddy persian breeders. Go with the link and choose your breeder from it.
    As far as i know you wont get a ragdoll in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

Look on Done deals ireland yep they are around 500 and more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 MurrayMint

My two birmans were £300 each in the North or Ireland two years ago. Make sure they are vaccinated against all major illnesses (not just the basic vaccine). Pedigrees are more likely to get major illnesses as the immune system isn't sometimes as strong - I lost one to FIP last week at age of two. Will definitely do more home work next time around.

There are cat shows held in the RDS in Dublin at least once a year. It's a good chance to meet some of the breeders and also to see the different types of breeds.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

anniehoo wrote: »
    A friend of mine is interested in buying a pedigree kitten (persian,birman or ragdoll). Any idea of how much a kitten would cost. I guessed at >€500, would that be right? And..yes..he already got the lecture about adopting a kitten from a shelter!

Did the shelter lecture not go down well then?!!

This may not be up his alley then but I'll put it out there anyway, there is a friendly 4-yr old Siamese on the DSPCA website looking for a loving home....

http://www.dspca.ie/homes_detail.php?number=876&sectionnumber=10&type=Home%20Needed&archive=No

Save €500 and get a gorgeous kitty at the same time? Sounds perfect to me :)

Advertisement