Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying w/bike

Options
  • 21-05-2008 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hey,

Just one more quick question about flying with my bike...

I am flying back from Melbourne and eventually get to London Heathrow.
    I am then looking to bring my bike and a rucksack back with me to Dublin. They probably weigh about 13 and 17kg respectivley...

Just wondering how much should I expect to get stung by, (its says that they take bikes... once you book them... for a fee of 20euro or something around that).
    I am guessing that this fee is only if its within your 20kg limit and your only item (as 20kg is for 1 item only) and does not exceed it.
    Then you pay 9euro per kg as on the website.

Has anyone ever used shipping from Heathrow to Dublin, and if so is it cheaper?

Any ideas,

Thanks in advance for any help, I apologize for bringing up a perennial topic but I couldnt find anything that answered my question before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

I don't know about long-haul flights, but on any flight I've taken the bike isn't weighed and doesn't contribute towards your baggage allowance. Make sure you've booked a place for the bike on each leg of the flight (if it's not a single booking).

You really should be asking the airline...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

same with snowboards - it's not included in your 'free' luggage, and is not usually weighed.
    so you book one bag of 20kg, and one bike or snowboard for whatever extra that costs, and you get a combined baggage of 20kg + 1xbike, in 2 seperate bags.

Advertisement