Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Badgers quick question

Options
  • 21-05-2008 9:43am

Are badgers known to jump high ?

If there was a 4 ft wall could a badger jump from the ground to the top of that wall ?

Anybody know this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

AFAIK very doubtful, but im open to be proven wrong of course. i know a hare can easily jump that high if thats any good ( Im not presuming your trying to open an irish wildlife circus:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

not that i know of but this
    badger jump:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

I think 4ft would be a bit much but their quite good climbers and are fairly good at climbing suitable trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Yeah, i doubt it would try to jump it, but it could probably stand up and climb over a 4ft fence..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I have seem them scale a 3-4foot fence, so yours probably climbed over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yes, a fully grown badger up on his hind legs could probably easily get his front legs over the top of a fence like that and climb over I'd imagine.

No this was an actual Jump. Ground to the top of the wall. It actually moved like a cat but was the size of a dog . 5 of us saw it and we couldnt figure out what kind of animal it was.
    One of the guys said it was a badger .
    Weird thing is it was only 20 feet away from us. I am not sure what the animal was. It has been playing on my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Fox?

Weird thing is it was only 20 feet away from us. I am not sure what the animal was. It has been playing on my mind.

If you were only 20ft away from a Badger jumping over a 4ft wall, I think you'd easily recognise it as a Badger!:D

Yes i know, but there were 5 of us and we couldnt decide if it was a Cat or a Dog or a Badger. Might i add it was dark. But we had torches. I think we will just have to leave it . I dont know what it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Yes i know, but there were 5 of us and we couldnt decide if it was a Cat or a Dog or a Badger. Might i add it was dark. But we had torches. I think we will just have to leave it . I dont know what it was.
    possibly a big fat tomcat id say!

:confused:
    :confused:

If there were 5 of you within 20ft and you can't be sure, I'd safely say it was not a Badger!

Well , we could not agree on dog cat or badger. If i was to aliken it to any other animal it would probably be a Hyena . But that is not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

It really sounds like a fox ......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭blackbox

Glowing wrote: »
    It really sounds like a fox ......

Did OP say what sound it made?:confused::D

I know what foxes look like as they live in my garden. It was actually bigger then a fox. Alot more muscular larrge chest . Anyway , i dont know what it was so i will leave it at that .

Advertisement