Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVG 8 Internet Security.

Options
  • 20-05-2008 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭

AVG 8 is blocking me from streaming Internet radio via MP11, it's definitely the cause because if I temporarily disable the Firewall I can stream no problem.

I'm damned if I can find the setting in the Firewall to allow it though..

Anyone familiar with it?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Can't help with your problem, Gadgetman, sorry, but it seems V8 is not good at all, surprisingly. Didn't install the toolbar but still getting serious system slowness and AVG error messages. Going to look at other free progs with smtp and pop scanning.

Disappointed because up to this version AVG's been great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

shayser wrote: »
    Can't help with your problem, Gadgetman, sorry, but it seems V8 is not good at all, surprisingly. Didn't install the toolbar but still getting serious system slowness and AVG error messages. Going to look at other free progs with smtp and pop scanning.

Disappointed because up to this version AVG's been great.

I haven't had any of those issues shayser & it doesn't appear to be causing slowness either.

Anyway I sorted the radio streaming problem.

It was caused by WMP11 being set to "Allow for Safe" in the Firewall Application section of AVG 8. I changed it to Allow all & it's streaming away fine now.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement