Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

job interview

Options
  • 20-05-2008 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

ok so i've a job interview for river island full time position!!what should i wear??i mean i want to look fashionable but not like i was up town for the day you know??its on thursday so any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

there should be a sticky made on interview clothes and on dresses for 21sts!

I Suppose something that's not too formal and something that shows off your personality/ interest in fashion

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

so would black trousers be alright???needless to say i shall have alot of tan on so no white shirts lol!!you see i've only ever been to an interview for a bank or building society so im used to wearing the boring black trousers and white shirt combo but that won't cut it for here i don't think anyway???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Do not wear black trousers. I worked in RI and they absolutely encourage you to show your individuality through your clothes. Wear something up to the minute with nice accessories, natural makeup and wear your hair a way that compliments your face. Be trendy, but comfortable. Go for a fitted jean with no rips, and smart shoes, no runners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

SexyD4Lady wrote: »
    Do not wear black trousers. I worked in RI and they absolutely encourage you to show your individuality through your clothes. Wear something up to the minute with nice accessories, natural makeup and wear your hair a way that compliments your face. Be trendy, but comfortable. Go for a fitted jean with no rips, and smart shoes, no runners.

+1 for that reply!!

oh really??ok i have loads of stuff like that i've loadsa skinny jeans in every colour!!!but its my top half im finding hard to figure out!!!something floral??cause thats quite up to date at the mo isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Lilly87

Yeah i'd say skinny jeans, nice shoes and a semi-dressy top. Clothing in an interview is important for creating a good impression and you should try and fit in with the image of the company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 vampire_cn

flynnser19 wrote: »
    ok so i've a job interview for river island full time position!!what should i wear??i mean i want to look fashionable but not like i was up town for the day you know??its on thursday so any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance

dont b nervous. just b urself. not too shinning but must b fashion.

ok i'm gonna go into river island an buy a top for it hopefully the manager won't see me lolol i'm really nervous i hate interviews!!!does anybody knwo wht kidna questions they ask in river island???because i doubt itll be anything like my banking interviews lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭dubdcugirly

Jeans coz the workers in river island have to wear jeans..and my advice would be not to buy a top coz it will look like you are trying to hard and don't really like the stuff...just buying it for the interview rather than liking it..my advice find a friend with a r.i. top which suits you..u can say I bout this X amounts of months ago and I still love it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Dress is only part of the picture. You need to chill out a bit and relax, too. The person makes the clothes, not the clothes makes the person.

• Advertisement

thanks for all the great advice people!!!and dont worry blue lagoon ill relax a little bit before it i always panic like this before hand lol

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

I'd say maybe high waisted trousers, a smart shirt of some kind and a pair of RI shoes..
    I don't think you want to look completly river island-d out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Dress is only part of the picture. You need to chill out a bit and relax, too. The person makes the clothes, not the clothes makes the person.
    Thats what I told the bank about my shorts/flip flops combo but they were having none of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

so would black trousers be alright???needless to say i shall have alot of tan on so no white shirts lol!!?

OP please please go easy on the fake tan. If you have too much on or its applied badly it looks really nasty so don't go overboard. Hope you got your outfit sorted and hope you get the job.

im a trainee beauty therapist lol i can apply the fake tan alright but im not putting loads on!!lol just a slight bronze shall do it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Vengeance

How'd it go?

got the job started today thanks for asking :D:D:D my first proper day is friday but im all trained now lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Did you wear jeans to the interview? I always thought it was a bad idea to wear them to interviews, no matter how trendy or expensive they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

got the job started today thanks for asking :D:D:D my first proper day is friday but im all trained now lol

Well done lady, am delighted for you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

im a trainee beauty therapist lol i can apply the fake tan alright but im not putting loads on!!lol just a slight bronze shall do it!!

Trainee beauty therapist, nice!
    Hope you enjoy your job anyway. What's the discount?

• Advertisement

yea i wore black jeans, a black top with a cinching belt, small grey boots,a black and silver scarf and silver accessories i thought it looked good lol.

the discount is 30% and then 75%off work jeans every 2 months i think it is???

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

Awh, well done! :p hope you enjoy it!

Advertisement