Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Makeup

Options
  • 20-05-2008 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

I have to go to a fancy dress and the character I'm going as is black. Want to look as authentic as possible so am looking for good makeup to change my skin colour. Has anyone done this before or can offer any advice?

I'm going as Ade Adepitan, a paralympian.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

get make-up that black people would use!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

That not it. Im white and I want make up to make me look like I'm black. Yellow eyeshaodow that looks great on dark skin wont cut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

i think he was referring to the foundations. you'd put it all over your face, eyelids and all. use lots of black eyeliner around the eyes. tbh its a tricky one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭niavie

try body paint..

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DD

FX Meister wrote: »
    I have to go to a fancy dress and the character I'm going as is black. Want to look as authentic as possible so am looking for good makeup to change my skin colour. Has anyone done this before or can offer any advice?

I'm going as Ade Adepitan, a paralympian.

What's your hair color? Maybe I can come up with an idea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Got a dreadlock wig sorted for my hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

what about henna? the hair colouring one? use it on your skin? I dunno, just pullin at straws here but I figure, get the one from the body shop, I've used it on my hair n it's all natural ingrediants so shouldn't botch your skin too bad other than colour it, take it off the next day with lemon scrub...

Advertisement