Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Please help!!! Need to know the following about my car...

Options
  • 20-05-2008 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hiya

I have a Fiat Brava 99 and I need to fill up the oil can you advise me on what oil I should use please?? and advise the best way to top up the oil please... Does anyone have a manual or diagram for under the bonnet you could email me? aingeal_croi@hotmail.com.

Also

The antifreeze in the radiator needs topping up which should I use here I know to keep the colours the same ie if it is blue fill it up with blue etc,

Thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the oil filler cap is on the top of the engine block to the left. the dipstick for the oil is the red ring to the left of the engine.

look up how do do an oil top up on google.

re: topping up the coolant, there is a resevoir to the right hand side of the engine bay at the front, if you look at the back of the tank there are MIN and MAX markings on it, these can be hard enough to make out. If you don't need to top up too much, water will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaz d

The oil should be checked redulerly as the light doesnt come on until the damage is nearly done,
    The coolant can be topped up with water once there is already some antifreeze gone in. Mixing colors doesnt matter.

Advertisement