Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Passive houses in carlow

• 20-05-2008 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know about these passive houses in carlow??? I looked at the website they did not appear to look at what you would expect a passive house to look like??? no overhangs, large glazing on south face. I also saw they are not certified by the passive house institute !!!!!!! Just have the verification from the php program. Is it right to call them passive houses when they are not really certified by the institute

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

The certification from the PHI is very time consuming. As the PH spec becomes more standard I imagine only a small percentage of them will actually go for the certification.

If the designing architects (Mosart in this case I believe) are reputable and experienced with the PHPP then there shouldn't be an issue.

Most houses going through the certification (in Ireland) at the moment are for business reasons from my experience i.e. they are going to use their passive house as proof of their skill or of the qualities of the products they are selling. I only know of one person doing it for personal reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Doctor_L

I attended the Tipperary Energy Agency Conference on Mon and Tuesday. Tomas o'leary gave an excellent presentation on passive homes. He has a passive house in wicklow.

Advertisement